PDA

View Full Version : Started work today... Heres how It went..

Oceana9518
31-03-08, 16:53
Well, as some of you may know i started a new job today. After an awful nights sleep, i woke up strangely excited but a little nervous, did my hair, makeup and clothes. Got into the car and headed to my new work. Its good ive started with 2 people i know, and whats even better is that theres only 4 new people starting with me, so its a small group. Everything was fine, had lunch which consisted of a jacket and tuna. Didnt want to eat it as i thought what if im sick, bla bla bla,.... but I ate it because i thought, im not gonna let it beat me ( plus ive been reading clare weekes book) which helps. So... I ate it... about an hour later i started panicking, probably because the potato was repeating on me.. was sipping on sooo much water today, had my smelling salts with me, a rennie, and rescue remedy :-P. It got to a point where i genuinly thought i was gonna be sick, and there were no bins in the room.. which scared me.. However, it was difficult im not gonna lie, i wanted to leave and not come back but i stayed with it all.The wave was long, lasted about an hour and a bit, i took a citalopram and i eventually found myself laughing and joking with the group again. The feeling of success was overwhelming afterwards. Im now home typing this up, and im exhausted, from the lack of sleep and the draining anxiety does to you. But im mentally going nuts with excitement... im gonna do my damnest to do it again tomorrow. So my advice is, to flow with it. Let it overcome your body, if your body shakes let it shake, if you get lightheaded, get lightheaded! Let it come and go. Allow it to pass. The more you fight, the stronger itl get. But ive heard some people even urge it to do its worse, and it never succumbs to it :)

Ill try and post another update tomorrow about how my second day went.

Thanks for your support.
Love to you all
xxx
Emma
xxx:yesyes: :noangel: :hugs:

Pickle
31-03-08, 21:08
Emma

Well done and congratulations on your first day. You have a very positive attitude so I'm sure it can only get better.

Good luck and let us know how you get on tomorrow

Take care

nomorepanic
31-03-08, 21:37
Emma

Wow well done you for coping so well.

Fab news to read this evening.

Good luck for tomorrow as well

Nibbles
31-03-08, 21:55
Hi Emma,

And a big well done to you, that's fantastic news! :yesyes: You did so well overcoming the wobbly moments and have made a huge step forward today. Good luck for tomorrow.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b110/SweetHoneyBee64/job_well_done_award.jpg

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
31-03-08, 23:27
Hi Emma

How lovely to hear that your day was successful and how you manged to cope so well !:yesyes: WELL DONE:hugs:

Hope all goes well tommo too hun.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Lindalou64
01-04-08, 00:50
That Is Great Ocean So Happy For You Keep Up The Good Work You Can Do It :) ................linda Xxx

Oceana9518
01-04-08, 22:20
Ok heres an update, went into work again, this morning woke up early dreading it, thought nope not gonna have this got up had a shower breakfast tea, dressed. Then i relaxed then walked out the door went to work.. Work was fine were still training, just sat in a classroom learning that if you stand 15 metres or less from a fallen pylon youl get electrecuted. dont know how they conducted that experiment...excuse the pun. Anyway had a bit of lunch only half a roll and sipped loads of lemon water which was nice couple of boughts of anxiety but it went after a couple of minutes not as bad as the first day. But the only problem i have now is that the job is soo boring, I hate training, just wanna get stuck in you know? Anyway was ok overall.

Emma xx

honeybee3939
01-04-08, 22:24
Emma

Your doing fab hun, glad today as gone well for you too !:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Andrea
xxxxxx

franklin2003
02-04-08, 01:33
Keep us posted..it is hard at first but the more you practice the better it gets..

Isn't amazing when we just say..so what...let it do whatever it needs to do..how it does what we want it to when we freak out and go oh my god please stop!

pink daisy
02-04-08, 09:56
Welldone Oceana

I'm sure that the lack of sleep made it harder too hun. Just think everytime you start to feel panic you are beating this hun.. It's just a bully and it's just letting you know it's there but you are confident now to carry on hun xxx

I'm sure the job will be worth all the boring training

Keep it up hun.. Daisy xxx

Lilith1980
02-04-08, 11:13
Hi Emma

Well done to you on starting work, that is such good news, I hope you are proud of yourself hun :)

Jo xxxxx

kate
02-04-08, 11:46
Well Done :D:D:D

Such a good feeling when you achieve something isn't it?

Kate

PUGLETMUM
02-04-08, 12:37
:yahoo: that is a massive acheivement emma!!!! im gathering that your panic is surrounding the fear of being sick? so youve seen that it can be dealt with and you can still live your life??? it wont go overnight, so expect your anx to be high for a while - but obviously keep up with the positive talk, coz thats what makes the difference between standing up to it by letting it do its worst, and running away coz we are sooo frightened of what could happen. anx makes us feel nauseous, so you will get that, but once those anx levels go down and your preoccupied i think you will stop fearing it!!!! you have done marvellously well - also its a good sign your bored with training, shows that the anx/panic isnt foremost in your mind? well done, be proud of yourself, and keep going till you are all done with fear/anx/panic - emma:hugs: :yesyes:

sandramick
02-04-08, 12:51
well done emma . keep fighting xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oceana9518
02-04-08, 17:04
Ok heres the latest update.. DAY 3

woke up this morning really did not want to go in, seriously i wanted to stay in bed curl up and sleep. I panicked and everything. But i remembered clare weekes words was to get up and get on with things.. so i did. Once into work did panick slightly. Anyway listened in to calls today so did more hands on stuff which was so much better. Managed to eat a baguette on my lunch as before i didnt want to eat much,.. just in case :D but that seems to be getting there now..
Quite excited about tomorrow now :) So keep lookingn for the new update.
I hope im managing to inspire people to get up and go out and achieve something that you couldnt imagine doing before :) XXX

honeybee3939
02-04-08, 17:12
WELL DONE Emma !:yesyes:

I always find the mornings the worst but once i get going like you have said the day does get better !

Andrea
xxxxxxx

andie73
02-04-08, 17:46
Well done Emma

Keep it up!

Pickle
02-04-08, 18:35
Well done Emma and heres a :hugs: for being so positive and not giving in to the panic.

You should feel very proud of yourself

Take care

chalky
02-04-08, 18:47
Hi Emma,

You are doing a brilliant job!!!

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Keep up the good work.
Best wishes,
Chalky

samsara
02-04-08, 20:04
Just wanted to say well done! Claire Weekes has always been there for me over the years, its really the only way to cope by letting it pass. Not easy I know. take care!! love janet:)

weeble40
02-04-08, 20:26
Stoney Im so proud of you keep it up you doing great, I think o2 has been playing up last couple of days but hopefully its working again properly now, you have my number if you need me,

lots of love and hugs

Emma xxxx

bobsy
02-04-08, 23:11
A Big Well done to you. Be proud of yourself.

love bobsy