PDA

View Full Version : Drink plenty of water

clickaway
23-03-05, 18:01
Had my fortnightly session with the Occupational Therapist today.

Once more she emphasised the importance of drinking 8 litre glasses of water per day. I suppose this includes unsweetened orange juice and decaffeinated tea and coffee.

She says that research has indicated that plenty of liquid will help anxiety, and is recommending that I take some drink out with me every time. For example, I should have done so when I went out for an hour's country walk the the other day where there were no refreshment facilities.

I'm also to draw the curtains at night, to prevent me waking at sunrise and losing sleep.

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

nomorepanic
23-03-05, 20:33
Ray

I drink lots of water but there was a programme I watched on TV that disproved all the theories.

They took identical twins who never drank the 2 litres a day and they did all sorts of tests on them etc.

Then one drank 2 litres a day for a month (may have been longer) and the scientists didn't know which one and re-did all the tests and couldn't decide which one had had the water as the results were no different between the 2.

So there you go, but I still drink it anyway cos they could be wrong!

Why didn't you draw the curtains before - I have to have a dark room to sleep in.

Nicola

clickaway
23-03-05, 20:45
Thanks Nic,

I always like to sleep in a light and airy room. I hate it when I go away and am persueded to sleep in a darkened room.

Still, I have already drawn the blinds in my room hoping that I can get more than three or four hours....

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

nomorepanic
23-03-05, 21:15
Ray

As you may know I am researching sleep problems and one of the things it says is always make the dark room so that you can distinguish between daylight and being awake and night time when you must sleep.

It may work - let me know.

Nicola

nomorepanic
23-03-05, 21:16
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Ray

As you may know I am researching sleep problems and one of the things it says is always make the room dark so that you can distinguish between daylight and being awake and night time when you must sleep.

It may work - let me know.

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 23 March 2005 : 21:15:40</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Nicola