PDA

View Full Version : hello, i'm new.

imagine_x
31-03-08, 22:47
hi, i'm new. i came upon this feeling a little relieved, that i'm not the only one in the world. though, i still kinda feel like i am...that the thoughts i have are nonsense and nobody will ever understand where i'm coming from.

well, let me just start off with a small list of my "phobias", if you will. i would like to see if anyone else thinks about this, or i can meet people here who can help me work through these.

- i have a fear of search engines. i'm always thinking that someone online is saying something about me, or has seen things that i've done online [when i've never done anything wrong]. or because people might see things i've posted about them a long time ago [i was a compulsive liar when i was young, but have overcome it and afraid there still may be things lurking out there on the net], and i get so freaked out that they'll come at me and just torture me about it.

- i have a weird and awkward, yet extreme, fear of remembering things from my past. certain names of people, certain things i liked, or thing i lied about.

- new things/people get me really weirded out, whether it be a new videogame or a new friend.

yeah, see what i mean? they seem really, really weird.

anyways. i am also seveteen-year-old female. i have extreme social anxiety disorder, and i only have a few friends. i like to keep myself and hate it when people know who i am.

so...yeah. that's me.

i hope i find people here who understand or can help me. =]]

bottleblond
31-03-08, 23:08
Hi Imagine,

A very warm welcome to you! :hugs:

It's a fantastic site with lots of lovely people, i hope you find lots of good help and advice and many new friends.

Take care

Lisa
xxx

Lindalou64
01-04-08, 01:50
hello massive and welcome im sure you will find lots of info here....i wish ya well..........linda

trac67
01-04-08, 11:14
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lilith1980
01-04-08, 12:37
Hi Imagine

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

PUGLETMUM
01-04-08, 12:45
:welcome: hi i think you will feel better now you have come to nmp. we all have anxiety but there are alot of different reasons why? yours is just one of them, i dont know if anyone will relate to your specific worry, due to your past problem with lying? but paranoia is/can be part of anxiety? and the more you worry about your thoughts the more upsetting they seem? they are jsut thoughts? to rationalise it i would say that how likely is it that people will know you in cyberspace, and also people are that preoocupied with themselves that wha tare the chances they are thinking about you? this is quite harsh but when we are a bit paranoid we tend to think we are the centre of the world? you have stopped lying and you have a few friends, these are positive aspects of your life/personality - if youve managed to overcome compulsive lying then you have inner strength - give yourself a break, you are young and we all make mistakes - thats what being young is about, learning about yourself, others and life:yesyes: take care emma:flowers:

weeble40
01-04-08, 15:20
hi and a big welcome to NMP, you will find lots of advice and support here, I hope to see you in chat sometime

Emma xx

nomorepanic
01-04-08, 19:22
Hi Imagine

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

chalky
01-04-08, 19:47
Hi Imagine,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
01-04-08, 20:50
Hi Imagine and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

imagine_x
01-04-08, 21:26
thank you, you all seem very sweet. =]]