PDA

View Full Version : hi all

jenuss
23-03-05, 20:12
not sure how thee work took me a while to work out how to send. looking for a better inight so i am able to support my wife better.

tracyp584
23-03-05, 20:16
Hi jenuss,

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of support and advice here. Can you explain what your wife's problems are? Then you will get the right kind of advice. There are lots of great people on this site, that have helped me loads, and am sure can help you.

Take care,

tracy x x

jenuss
23-03-05, 20:22
hi tracy
thanks if the speed of your reply is anything to go by im glad i tried here. my wifes bigget problem i that she will worry about the mallest thing and blow it totally out of proportion, until it takes over her life. because of this she cant switch off and sleep.

tracyp584
23-03-05, 20:28
Hey,

Has your wife been to see her GP at all? I do also do that too, and i sometimes find if i write down everything i am worrying about or that is bothering me, i can forget it and then try to sleep, because i think to myself i'll deal with it tomoro.
Or what about some relaxation for the evening, like yoga, or relaxing oils in a bath?

If its becoming a problem i would go back or go to the doctors though, just for some advice.

tracy x x

jenuss
23-03-05, 20:36
she has been to the drs and was given something to help with her pani attacks, work ok for them but not for the worry. Going back again seems to trigger off just more worry which im trying to talk her round. Her fear with this is im being treated for depression and she thinks that they will think were incapable of looking after our kids

tracyp584
23-03-05, 20:46
Hey,

How friendly is the doctor? I can't often make it to appts and we now have telephone appts, which makes it easier, and sometimes i can be more honest as its not face to face. Perhaps you should see if your wife could do that?
You need an understanding doctor, who has time and can explain to your wife that they know your depression doesnt reflect on how capable you are as parents.
I have depression and panic, but it does not stop me from being the best parent i can. And maybe your doctor can explain to her that many parents have this and it doesn't mean you can't cope.
It sounds like she could look into having her medication changed?
Hope this helps,

tracy x x

nomorepanic
23-03-05, 21:02
Hi jenuss

Welcome aboard.

Glad to see you are here for your wife.

Would she consider coming on her to read/post.

If not can you print off the First Steps web page for her - it may help (www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm)

Hope we can be of some help to her

Nicola

seh1980
23-03-05, 21:06
Hello and welcome!!

Great that you are supporting your wife so much. Maybe she could also become a member?

Sarah :D

sal
23-03-05, 22:25
Hi and welcome to the site.

Your wife is so lucky to have such an understanding husband and i hope we can offer you both lots of support.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
24-03-05, 00:31
Jenuss,

Welcome.

It's great to hear how supportive you are towards your wife, & how you are trying to help her.
Perhaps she could have a look at the site & forum too.

Everyone here will help & support you both---so keep posting & let us know how things are.

Linda.x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

lisarose
24-03-05, 13:45
Hi Jenuss, Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and support here for your wife and I think it is great that you are so supportive towards her, beleive me that makes all the difference. Just because you suffer with depression and your wife suffers with anxiety does not make you bad parents and the GP is not there to judge you he is there to help you both. Don'' be afraid of asking for help, but I know how you feel as I was convinced that the doctor would inform social services of my depression and anxiety and i would have my kids taken away but this never happend as bad as things got and it was me just blowing things up out of proportion much like your wife. Things will get easier, and you have definately come to the right place for help and advice.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

jenuss
24-03-05, 21:54
thank you all for the respone wasnt sure what would happen. my wife is already on here as fairy. i decided to try here as at time feel really useless as i have no understanding of her condition and find it quite frustrating.

nomorepanic
24-03-05, 22:41
Hi

You should have told us - we are already replying to her posts

Nicola

sal
24-03-05, 23:45
Hi

Have replied to Fairy's post. Pleased you have joined aswell so you can understang a bit more and offer more support, she is very lucky to have such an understanding husband and i hope you can both get through this together.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.