PDA

View Full Version : please help palps are so bad

amandaj
01-04-08, 15:21
ive had these must be a week now , there not getting any better i dont wanna go to drs incase im gonna die , can anyone please tell me what palps feel like to them :weep: i cant take much more now

Emira7
01-04-08, 15:39
Hey Amanda

Hun I am so sorry you are feeling so rubbish. Hugs for you.

Can you call the doctor? I have had a really bad run of palps. Can you think of anything thats triggered.

The trouble is - and i know to well you get stuck in this viscious circle of thinking about having them.

I take it you have had ECG's etc... hun

Hugs for you
xxx

amandaj
01-04-08, 15:48
hi emira i had a ecg 6 weeks ago and it was ok , still not stopping me thinking im about to die though thank you for the reply , i just get overly scared xxx

Emira7
01-04-08, 15:51
Hey Amanda

I had an ECG as well about the same time, and I still doubt it.

I even went to my Docs last night as palps bad on Sunday evening, and dizziness.

It is anxiety. Keep reading those threads etc...

I am now trying to find my triggers, I have cut out caffiene, trying to drink lots of water. Trying to get some well being back in my life.

I know how your feeling - its crap, but am here for you. We all are

It will be OK:bighug1:

louwilliams
01-04-08, 16:38
I get ectopics and palps. i was referred for a 24hr ecg but got the letter today and i'm going to be wearing the thing for 3/4 weeks-which is excellent for me as i dont have them everyday and you can bet your botttom dollar i wouldnt have had them on the day if i was having a 24hr one!!

some people say they got noticibly worse just before or after your period, some say its stomach related? i dunno but i'm hoping that mine are just stress related. i must admit i do have a lot of stress in my life-i dont drink alcohol, smoke or drink caffine-thats what worries me. its booked for 25th april and i get the results soon sfter that. in the mean time i'm just trying not to worry too much (impossible i know when they happen)

jodie
01-04-08, 19:36
hiya :hugs:

ok were to start lol

i have had ectopics now for ten years and they have made me so panicy ..sad ..scared and all the rest i have had all the tests scans ect about 2 years ago they all came back ok and still i got ectopics i feel the only way that you can mabe get them to calm down or to get less each day is to be so scared of them and to remember they wont hurt you the worst part about them is how they fel and make you feel.
i still do get them now every day but i dont get to scared and just think ok i know what they are i know i will be ok and so on ,when they are very bad i do think omg but try to stay calm as the more panicy you get the more ectopics and pals will happen.
As for how they feel i think it feels like a thud in your chest or a fluttery feeling somtimes takes you breath away and a little dizzy .

jodie xxxx

shaz01
01-04-08, 20:40
Hi Amanda,

Ive also had them for years, and currently am getting some every day, they say if you dont panic they calm down however its easier said than done. But your in good company on this site, there are many of us who are all suffering with these palpitations or funny heart beats.

Take care,

Shaz x

amandaj
02-04-08, 12:42
thank you all for the replies it really helps , im off to drs later just for reassurance really i will let you all know how it goes thanks again

amandax

sandramick
02-04-08, 12:47
hope everything goes ok mand . big hugs xxxxxxx