PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or not?

Mumto2
01-04-08, 18:03
I do suffer with anxiety but I have ben feeling really good the last couple of weeks, not anxious or depressed but I am still getting sharp pains in my chest, my stomach plays up something chronic but the Dr just keeps telling me its my anxiety while I am not convinced it is because even when my anxiety and depression is under control my stomach is bad.

Does it sound as though the sharp pains are still anxiety? even though I feel great in myself. The pains are really starting to get me down now.

Horse
01-04-08, 18:23
Hi Mumto2.

Last July I had some unpleasant stomach pains to the point where I couldn't even go out and get groceries or anything. I felt so uncomfortable. It lasted for about 4 weeks, most of the time I spent of that was in bed. In the end I decided to pay for an ultrasound. Unfortunately, I had to say goodbye to the best part of £240 but at least I didn't have to wait. They found absolutely nothing.......again! Shortly after this, my symptoms disapeared.

It seems that our old friend Anxiety does a pretty good job of lurking in the background just waiting for the time when we feel OK (if we're lucky) before it strikes us with another symptom.

If you're concerned then get checked out. Don't forget, even when there is nothing there, The symptoms are very real.

Good luck.

Kevin.

Mumto2
02-04-08, 19:46
Thanks Kevin, I went back to the Drs today and she said even though its not what I want to hear but it is just my anxiety, as for my stomach I am now on omeprazole I was on it before but a different Dr took me off it, so I have to try that again for a month.

Joe1981
03-04-08, 06:44
One thing that we all do is second guess our doctors. We must accept that nothing is wrong with us when they tell us this but once i figure out how to accept what the doctor tells me i'll let you know LOL

But honestly if your doctor tells you it's anxiety try and accept it being what it is and then only then it will go away because as long as you fear your symptom it will continue to plague you because fear fuels anxiety.

Mumto2
03-04-08, 10:41
Thanks Joe, you made me laugh so much, I agree 100% with what you said but it is learning how to accept it that is the problem lol

Thanks just for cheering me this morning.