PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm Vaughn

OrangeTransplant
01-04-08, 23:37
Hello everyone,

I've been dealing with an undiagnosed anxiety disorder for quite a few years now. Signs of one were showing up as early as 3 years old. I'm now 22, and it's been getting progressively worse.

I've titled it a 'fear of anticipation' ... The question of something 'might' or 'could' happen drives me insane... but only if I don't know when it will happen exactly!

worst things for me: driving/riding in the car, alarms, horror/suspense movies, people acting out in public, balloons, loud noises, being scared/frightened, the unknown in the dark, and much much more...

I also can't cry, haven't for 9 years now. Not a tear. That is what drew me to this forum to begin with after doing a search for 'not crying' ...

Like I said, I haven't been diagnosed with anything in particular, but I'm really beginning to be socially/physically impaired by my anxiety. I hope this site might help me find some answers.

Vaughn

chalky
02-04-08, 06:52
Hi Vaughn,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
The "what-ifs" can cause us all so many problems.
Well done on taking positive action to address your health issues.Your determination to deal with this will be a great help in your recovery.
best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
02-04-08, 09:31
Hi Vaughan

I second what Chalky has said, there is a great support network here, you need never feel alone.

Jo xxxxx

kellie
02-04-08, 12:00
hiya Vaughn :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: you will get lots of support and advice from all the great members just like i have. hope to talk to you in the chat room

best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

PUGLETMUM
02-04-08, 12:26
:yesyes: hi vaughn and :welcome: yes i think you may get the answers youre looking for and hear lots of people saying exactly the same things as you , which is a big comfort:hugs: take care ,emma:flowers:

kate
02-04-08, 13:30
Hi Vaughn welcome to the forum :D

Kate

Lindalou64
02-04-08, 13:41
Hello Vaughn And Welcome...........i Wish Ya Well...........linda

nomorepanic
02-04-08, 21:24
Hi Vaughn

Lovely to see you here so :welcome: aboard and hope we can be of some help.

Liverbird67
02-04-08, 22:05
Hiya Vaughan

Hope you get some of the answers you are looking for, have a good browse around the site and read some of the forums, also get yourself into the chatrooms everyone is very supportive and friendly here, I am sooo glad that I found this site it has been a godsend and the people are lovely.

Best wishes

Liverbird
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Joe1981
03-04-08, 06:57
Hi Vaughn! Welcome to the site :D

Nibbles
03-04-08, 21:21
Hi Vaughn and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
06-04-08, 20:35
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx