PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone

wendyh
24-03-05, 00:36
[8)]hello everyone
I have suffered with anxiety,depression and aggoraphobia for 6 years now for the past 18 months i have been on medication seraxot which made a big difference to my life. I had to withdraw at christmas which went well up till 8 weeks after i stopped taking seraxot then the major panic attacks started i'm told by my cpn these will pass this is a particularly difficult time as i am now 36 weeks pregnant and have a little person kicking me in the ribs most of the day i am optimistic these intense feelings of panic and not being able to cope will fade after the birth which is keeping me going through these difficult times
wendy

sal
24-03-05, 00:56
Hi Wendy

Welcome to the site and congratulations on your pregnancy, you are nearly at the end of it hon and i am sure it will be fine. You have done really well coming of the tablets and coped. This could be your homones making you feel like this but if you dont feel much better after the birth remember how much the meds helped you first time round.

Dont ruin a special time in your life fighting it, asking for extra support isnt a sign of failure it is a sign of strength.

Hope to here more from you soon and to hear the good news about the baby been born.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
24-03-05, 02:09
Wendy,

Welcome to the site.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

zena
24-03-05, 09:06
Hi Wendy.
Congrats on the baby and coming of the tablets.
Have suffered agoraphobia for 18 years......don't think 'Oh My God' though.
During this I have had 2 children...eldest 17 and the youngest is 14. Past my driving test...cared for several people through one thing and another. THERE IS LIGHT at the end of the tunnel.
Having children helped me as I didn't have time to think about myself.....they need you 24 hours a day.
YOU ARE DOING REAL WELL. Keep it up.
If I can help in anyway what so ever e-mail me!
STAY POSITIVE.

with good wishes

Zena

FAN
24-03-05, 10:17
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find that being here really helps

i think when you had the baby your probably going to be far too busy to even think about being anxious:D

let us know how its going in the run up to the birth

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
24-03-05, 10:48
Welcome Wendy!! :D

delta
24-03-05, 11:06
welcome to the site Wendy
Donna

lisarose
24-03-05, 12:54
Hi Wendy, Welcome to the site.

Congratulations on the baby-not long to go now!! It sounds like you have been doing really well coming off the meds as I know it isn't easy. Maybe it is just anxiety about the birth as I know how anxious I was, plus the changing hormones don't help either. i am sure that once the baby has arrived things will settle down, but if you feel like things aren't getting better don't be afraid to go back to your Gp and ask for help. You are doing really well and we are all here to support you. Is this your first pregnancy or do you have other children?

hang on in there and keep us updated as to how you are getting on.
Take care
Love Lisaxx

nomorepanic
24-03-05, 19:13
Hi Wendy

Welcome aboard the forum!! Good to see you here and congratulations on the pregnancy.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

tracyp584
24-03-05, 19:19
Hey Wendy,

Welcome to the site, and congratulations! I'm sure will get loads of advice and support here.

Good luck with everything!

tracy x x

carlin
24-03-05, 20:15
Hi Wendy,

Welcome to the site and congratulations, not long to go now eh? oh how i love a baby, sorry the feeling of panic have intensified lately i'm sure things will settle shortly, coming of meds can be a hard thing to do, things will settle in time - and you will be so pre-occupied soon with the little baby kicking in your arms rather than your tummy, that maybe your feelings will subside a little. Please keep us informed of how you are feeling - you will find lots of good advice and support here - take care xxx

sal
24-03-05, 21:16
Hi Wendy

You have had some great replies and i hope they can give you some support.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
24-03-05, 21:23
Hi Wendy

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.