PDA

View Full Version : PA's under stress!!

zena
24-03-05, 09:41
[V]

Don't mean to do this and bring everyone down.
Have been trying to stay upbeat.

Started on Tuesday morning with a phone call from my nieces.
Short story...they haven't had a stable life...going backwards and forwards to Mum and Dad.. Dad got married (my brother). New wife doesn't get on with the girls has chucked them out before..and always taken them back.
This call they had no where to go. So I told them to get the coach money off there Dad and come up here to me in Wales.
Thats when the stress and the panic started.
Don't like arguments with people least with my brother.
Drove down to Newport amidst numerous of panics. Had to take my daughter with me....new ones this time..felt like I was leaning on one side all the time...the usual light headed...feeling hot. So just took my time.
Picked them up and text my brother at 8.00pm
He didn't get back to me until 10.00 the next day....was having a go at me on the phone...couldn't deal with that so put the phone down. This affected me for the rest of the day..tears the works.

Finally spoke to him y'day at 4.00 and sorted things out.
Result is we are having the girls up hereto live with ue. We don't mind that at all. They can have a stable life..
My panics have now started to go..brain not worling right so will have to forgive any spelling mistakes..It works faster then my hands sometimes.

Now to start sorting them out with education etc.
I am real sorry guys to do this.
Getting teary now so will go. Have to go food shopping anyway. What joy.

Next post will be better.

Take care

with good wishes

Zena

FAN
24-03-05, 10:25
hi zena.......hope your feeling a little better
dont be afraid to post the down side too thats what were here for

it seems your a very strong person willing to take on the responsibilities of the other children at a time when im sure you could really do without the extra stress,you went where you had to go and even with the panic you made it so thats an achievement in itself,

keep posting and let us know how your getting along with your "new" family you probably be far too busy to get a panic now :D

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
24-03-05, 10:53
hi Zena,

I think it's great that you are taking in your brother's children. You are probably just stressed because it's a big step in your life but not that you and your brother have come to a decision, I'm sure you will settle down and get used to the situation..

Sarah :D

lisarose
24-03-05, 11:03
Hi Zena, I think you are an amazing woman taking on the responsibility of your brothers children and your nieces are very lucky to have such a caring Aunty. No wonder you are having panic attacks with all this stress!! I am sure once everything settles down you will feel alot better. How old are your neices and your daughter? Do you just have the one daughter?

I hope everything works out for you, we are all here to support you and will help you as much as we can.
Take care and let us know how things are going.
Love Lisaxx

zena
24-03-05, 13:29
Thanks to all of you. You know how to make people smile!
Well they have settled down nicely. Very polite, make me tea take the dog out for a walk. They are 2 lovely people.
They are 16 years old. Not even left school yet.
The next step is to speak to the education dept. Trouble is that Wales hasn't got the same examination boards as England!
Anyhow their education has been up and down for the last 2 years.
So have to sort out college to gain vocational courses for the time being cause thats the law.
Then Sept they can go and start their GCSE's again from the beginning. Difference being they will have a more stable enviroment and support! ( I hope)
Spoke to their Dad last night and waiting for a letter to come back to say I have guardianship for them so I can hopefully get help with benefits. Our money can only stretch so far.

My hubby is brill...he had no hesition to say that could stay! Abby who is 14 thinks it's brill.
Grant 17 going into the army soon.

Life is good....just had the colly wobbels. Hope I haven't bitten of more than I can chew!!
We'll see.
Once again thank you so much for being here.

with good wishes

Zena

FAN
24-03-05, 14:17
hi zena.......you sound much better now keep us updated on how you go

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

della
24-03-05, 14:52
hi zena

i think what u are doing takes a very strong and resilient person to put others before your self and how you feel is wonderful.

I know what you mean about arguements with families i to hate them and they can if you let them go around in your head.
Please dont worry about felling lop sided...lol as i had this several times it will dissapear .

take care [:P]

della

nomorepanic
24-03-05, 19:30
Zena

Wow what a lovely kind and caring person you are to do this and I am sure they will be much better off with you.

Hope you are coping ok and not too stressed.

You are very thoughtful to do that and take on so much.

Nicola

carlin
24-03-05, 20:29
Wow Zena,

What a wonderful caring family those 2 children have been welcomed into, you are amazing and have taken my breath away, i have 4 children as well, life is never dull and there's always something going on it's brill. good luck - keep in touch xxxxx

sal
24-03-05, 21:23
Hi Zena

It cant be easy for you, but you have done it for the love of your brother and nieces. I cant understand his wife but we all have different thoughts and ideas. I am sure you will give them a stable and loving environment where they can learn to flourish.

You have done a very amazing thing and we will give you all the support you need.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

zena
25-03-05, 11:33
Bless you all for your words...was embarressed by some.
Well getting their education sorted.
In actual fact there is a positive to come out of all this. They will have to start all over again but, they can come out of it better. Doing BTEC level 1 alongside GCSE's for 1 year and doing BTEC advanced courses the next.

So all is well. Me am very tired now...but thats normal after having all those panics, not worrying anymore.
To be quite truthful I am in my element... I tend to do better when I'm sorting out other peoples problems.

My love and thanks to all of all.
Have a lovely Easter if I don't get the chance....

with good wishes

Zena

sal
25-03-05, 11:44
Hi Zena

Pleased you are doing okay, it tends to take our minds of how we feel when we are trying to help others. Just dont over stretch yourself hon.

You have a lovely easter weekend.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

zena
05-04-05, 12:18
Thought I would give you an update...

Well the two girls have settled in nicely!
Have spoken to my brother.... I really can't understand him but thats a different story. Mind you when I do ring him my heart starts pounding and my voice goes all shaky..even now when we have started to work things out.

Am waiting to speak to the education people.
Am waiting for social services to call back.( Am making sure that we are doing all the right things).

It's getting to the stage where when the post arrives in the morning....they are getting the most post!!!! LOL

Still thanks again for the support you have given.

I can feel alot of love going around.
Bless you.
Take care.

with good wishes

Zena

Meg
05-04-05, 13:32
Hi Zena ,

You're doing a truly remarkable thing here .

Many congratulations indeed.

Do set boundaries for them now as once the honeymoon and the deeply grateful period has worn off they may yet have true teenage traits and it'll be hard to back peddle.

Carlin - I don't know why you're so suprised . You've done something equally as wonderful ...

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

zena
05-04-05, 13:47
We're going to do that tonight.
Rotas on helping Martin doing the washing up and drying up.
Thanks for that though.

with good wishes

Zena

nomorepanic
06-04-05, 19:09
Zena

Glad they are settling in ok - are you coping ok and looking after yourself still?

If you get them doing all the jobs you could put your feet up lol!

Nicola

zena
06-04-05, 23:16
Hey Nicola,

I'm glad they are as well. Got good feedback of one of the girls today so that was good.

I am coping really well...surprising myself really.
To be honest with you I am in my element....

Oh I would love to put my feet up...lol What a life!!

with good wishes

Zena