PDA

View Full Version : im going on holiday today, help!

tinkerbe11
03-04-08, 09:53
hello, really need people advice. Im going on holiday today and am very nervous that i will get a panic attack, havent had one in a month, but i have previously had them at airport anyone got any advice of how i can stay calm. I am taking Kalms and doctor has perscribed me diazepam.

feel faint just thinking about it:(

x x x

Kate408
03-04-08, 13:07
Try and concentrate on the holiday and not the airport. Could you not just say to yourself that you're going to try as hard as you can, but if you get panicky, you can take the diazepam?

xxx

nok_tok
03-04-08, 13:37
im going hols on monday and read read in the virgin hols magazine that tablets are not permitted on the plane..im going to take my diazapan too anyway, you'll be ok, just focus on all the positives, i have a pocket diary with a list of all positives

bluebell68
03-04-08, 14:29
Hi i recently came back from the states and flew with Virgin Atlantic and i took my Proprananol tablets onboard with me in my handbag and had no problems. No one told me i couldn't and i hadn't checked the website so knew no different. I have always travelled with some of my meds in my luggage and some in my hand luggage just incase one went missing and have never had any problems.. i think its fine if they are perscribed, so take them in the box with your name on and then i don't think that you will have any problems...
Have a great holiday
Bluebell68 :)

Orion
03-04-08, 22:44
Hi,

I totally agree with the above statements.You need to focus on the things you want to do when you get to your resort,think of the things you want to do and the places you want to see.Dont think about the airport and the people about.Take some relaxing music on an cd or MP3 format,listen to and take yourself away from the situation.Distraction will help you,the more you think of the situation the worse you will feel.I think you will be fine,just keep calm,remember your techniques for coping with the stress and have a wonderful holiday.

Best wishes
Orion

nok_tok
04-04-08, 01:20
Hi i recently came back from the states and flew with Virgin Atlantic and i took my Proprananol tablets onboard with me in my handbag and had no problems. No one told me i couldn't and i hadn't checked the website so knew no different. I have always travelled with some of my meds in my luggage and some in my hand luggage just incase one went missing and have never had any problems.. i think its fine if they are perscribed, so take them in the box with your name on and then i don't think that you will have any problems...
Have a great holiday
Bluebell68 :)

thanks, i will take mine then, i cant bare not to . x x

Eva May
04-04-08, 12:40
I just wanted to say I think you are all amazing being able to even go on holidays. I haven't had a holiday since 2003 and I don't feel any closer to going on one now either so well done for getting over your fears to the point where you can go:yesyes:

nok_tok
04-04-08, 14:08
looks like i wont be taking any diazapan as i just found out im pregnant!! not sure if to risk it?

Orion
04-04-08, 22:28
Hi kittypink81

Congratulations on the news of your pregnancy

Paulos
05-04-08, 02:25
Maybe you should not uh go on the vacation, I never go anywhere due to my panic.

halfwayhome
05-04-08, 03:06
looks like i wont be taking any diazapan as i just found out im pregnant!! not sure if to risk it?

Congratulations!
I don't know if you've already left, or what, but I would say just do your absolute best to stay calm even without the meds. Bring some soothing music, bring a book, make a phone call to someone you love from the airport.. think about the baby! It's super important for you and baby to stay as calm as possible, so just do your absolute best. Good luck to you!

domino
05-04-08, 09:03
i have,nt flown since 2001 that was to rhodes, just can,t get on the plane, and was so sick of losing the money i,d spent i feel positive when i book up to go , but in reality i know that it wo,nt happen, ah well still got lovely places to visit in the uk. my daughter is talking of weddings and she would love to get married in a castle in ireland, i hate water and if i can,t fly how can i get there????????????:scared15:

tinkerbe11
14-04-08, 21:02
just got back from holiday, was fine. didnt even take my dizapam:)
if any of you are worrying about going away dont, after your wonder what your worrying about.
Now thinking about working overseas for the summer, thats my next step to getting bk to myself. x