PDA

View Full Version : Negative messages

imported_n/a
17-11-03, 14:08
I think its important for us all to understand, that if we post news that something is working for us, and we're feeling better, that other sufferers should not reply to topics saying the method didn't work for them, and other people they know..it is so discouraging, and can set the person back, and allow them to lose faith in their particular treatment. Its fair enough to say in general that a certain thing doesn't work for everybody,of course we all realise that but I wouldn't dream of telling somebody that was going through a treatment that was working for them that it hadn't worked for me and others I know. Its things like this that make me very wary of using sites like this. O f course the other side of the coin, there can be huge support and positive suggestions and messages that make us feel better.
thanx for listening, and letting me get things off my chest

Love Hayley x

Hayley x

nomorepanic
17-11-03, 17:24
Hayley

Don't take it personally. I think that you were very excited about the Linden method and people just wanted to say that it didn't work for them to give both sides of the coin. I think you are the only person on the site that it has helped so far but that is GOOD news cos if it only helps one person then it has WORKED - hasn't it?

Please don't get disheartened. It is the same with the medication posts - people like Sarah have had great success but Blossom is still really bad after being on the same medication for over 8 weeks now. We each have something that helps us.

You will always get people replying to the your posts and airing their feelings.

I hope you will stay on the site but if you feel that people are too negative towards Linden then please feel free to post a topic asking for Positive Feedback only.

Hang on in there and well done so far.

Nicola

Karen72
17-11-03, 23:19
Hi Hayley
I agree with Nicola. If it works for you then go with it. People probably will reply to others postings about a way forward & if it is or if it didn't work for them. Maybe they are just disappointed that they can't be in your shoes feeling more positive & that they have to 'start again' so to speak with new treatments or therapy. As long as people can find it within themselves to get 'better', then whatever way works for the individual is all that matters. Good for you for doing something positive.
Karen

imported_n/a
18-11-03, 08:14
But Radar look at you're posting on 'lets get things in perspective'.. the whole Linden method is based on exactly what you're saying, it all makes so much sense to me, and I also believe that reading about other peoples problems and talking about your anxieties constantly, is only feeding your subconcious with more anxiety. This is why if you're feeling better to be on this site reading through all manner of problems can only add fuel to fire, and hold up or interfere with replacing your negative ones with positive 'normal' non anxious ones. I'm not saying initially loads of information can be found, and its great to know you're not the only one, but once the healing method starts and positive thoughts are replacing the negative then being on here just reinforces my anxiety. What could be worse than someone telling you they don't know of anyone else it has helped? The method has an 85% sucess rate
I have to dash
speak later
Hayley x

Hayley x

Lottie32
18-11-03, 09:12
I really think it's down to personality type. I can only cope with one or two sorts of treatment at a time. However, if I'm feeling low, I am quite happy to clutch at any floating twig!

From speaking to fellow sufferers, I have discovered that everybody has found their own way of treating their problems, some use drugs, some use drugs and therapy, some have even used crystals!

At the end of the day, if it has worked for you, then does it really matter what anybody else thinks. Just be happy that you have found the trigger that has put you back on the road to recovery. Just because people dont' know of anybody else it helped, it doesn't mean that it can't have worked for you.

I believe CBT is the treatment for me, and I wouldn't try anything else now.

We are all entitled to our own opinions, and I really wouldn't worry too much if you don't agree with the opinions of the other users. Concentrate on how well you feel!

Charlie

nomorepanic
18-11-03, 19:46
Hayley

If I remember rightly, Linden tells you not to get any help doesn't he? He does not recommend drugs or getting help from counsellors or even friends. Not sure how he feels about message forums like this one though.

I have absolutely nothing against the guy - he was kind enough to send me a sleep CD - and if it works then go with it.

I come here every day (obviously) and some of the info I pick up is amazing and I do not go away feeling negative. I get such lovely comments from people that how can I feel bad being here.

I have picked up some excellent tips and products that I would like to try so it is not all negative stuff here - honest.

Nicola

Waffle
18-11-03, 21:38
I say if it works for you its good, it doesn't matter if it worked for 1% of people or 99%, just that its working for you. Anxiety is psychological, so if you find something that puts you in the right frame of mind its good (regardless of how well or not it may work for others). Things have helped me that others would probably not regard as helpful at all (like imagining the worst possible outcome actually happening [despite the odds against this] over and over again until it becomes boring)......

benoo5
18-11-03, 22:48
hya waffle matey,or should i say xxxx, lol,

i agree with wot you say... i often say try this,or try that...,and if it works for just one person,then my post was not wasted.

theres a great post on here somewhere,which recommends tapping parts of the body,whilst singing a mantra...some will write it off,as silly...some will try it a couple of times,and give up...but a few will give it a fair try,over weeks,months,and there the ones who will really get the benefit..BEST WISHES..BRYAN.

IF YOU DONT TRY IT......HOW WILL YOU KNOW.