PDA

View Full Version : want to be my old self again

lorraine72
03-04-08, 17:15
hi my name is Lorraine. I have suffered with post natal depression since my child was born in 2004. Think me being depressed started when my dad died when I was 15. Still miss him so much don't think that hurt will ever go away. Was put onanti-depressants about 4 months after Ethan was born. The thing is I love my son so much and have waited so long for him and can't understand why I feel the way I do. My ex-husband cheeted on me with my best friend and each relationship that I have been in has ended including Ethan's dad because he decided that when I did become pregnant that he did'nt want to be a dad after all. Think I must be such a horrible person because no one wants to be with me and I don't know what I've done wrong. All I want is to feel just a little bit normal instead of this uptight panicy person that I've turned into.

chalky
03-04-08, 17:35
Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
"People like us" tend to suffer from low self-esteem.We tend to point the finger at ourselves and look to take on responsibility for other peoples behaviour.
If someone can't be faithful to you-whatever the excuse they may offer-then they are not worth your love and companionship.
Focus on yourself and getting better.
Maybe someone soon you will meet Mr Right and won't he be a lucky man!
Best wishes,
Chalky

bottleblond
03-04-08, 17:37
Hi Lorraine

WELCOME to the site.

Well i think you sound like a lovely person. It's very difficult having a young baby but 10 times more difficult when you are a single parent. Have you spoken to you Health Visitor about how you are feeling? I think it would be a good idea to do so.

Please don't feel that you are on your own, because you're not!! I'm also a single mum, i split from my sons dad when he was 2years old and Ben is now 9. It's not easy but it does get alot easier.

Please take care

Love Lisa
xxx

kellie
03-04-08, 20:30
hiya lorraine :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D. im sorry you dont feel that good right now but you will see brighter and better times hun. you will get lots of support/advice from everyone here. dont put yourself down and blame things on yourself, life sometimes gives us a rough deal for a while. you sound like a lovely person and i look forward to talking to you in the chat room.

best wishes

take care:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxx

andrewc
03-04-08, 20:45
Hi Loraine
Sorry to hear about the way you feel. Its no wander after what you have been through, losing your dad, haveing a baby and to top it all off to be cheated upon. Dont beat yourself up because you are not responsible for the bas behaviour of otherw. Most people that suffer with depression have a low opinion of themselves you are not the only one. Think back to the time before this depression started and congratulate yourself on the person you used to be and will be again. I know it isn't easy but you must be more positive and don't give up not only for your baby's sake but most of all for yours.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

Best regards

Andy

Nibbles
03-04-08, 21:43
Hi Lorraine and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. You've been through a really tough time but this is in no way a reflection upon yourself. It comes across that you love your son very much and are determined to overcome this which sounds like a really great person to me. :)

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
04-04-08, 14:30
Hello Lorraine And Welcome,sorry To Hear What Ya Been Through And Please Believe Your Not A Horrible Person.......i Wish Ya Well.............linda

nomorepanic
04-04-08, 18:38
Hi Lorraine

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
06-04-08, 20:28
Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx