PDA

View Full Version : Help! Please reply. Panicing now!!

Jo3016
03-04-08, 18:19
Hi all

All three of my children have been ill this week with a really nasty tummy bug. They are getting better now but I have had very little sleep for the last four nights. I have been feeling really spaced out today; head spinning and everything looking odd!! I hada wisdom tooth partially removed a few months ago and the bit they left in is really aching - I feel like a have a temperature and feel dizzy. I keep wondering if I am coming down with this bug or something else.

My husband works in London and is playing football tonight until 10pm. I just called him and he told me to take some neurofen and sit outside with a glass of water (I have been stuck inside for days!!). I have done that and still feel really wierd. I keep feeling like I can't breathe properly and my chest feels tight. My Mum isn't answering the phone and all my friends are tied up with their kids this time of night. I need to get the kids ready for bed but I have no energy! I feel really alone. Help please!!

tink40
03-04-08, 18:57
hi sorry your not feeling to good at the mo try to take some deep breaths and keep yourself busy and when the kids are in bed have a nice soak in the bath put some lavender oil in if you have some and have a sweet cup of tea it works for me x:)

Pickle
03-04-08, 19:09
Hi Jo, how about going into the Arcade and playing a game. Seems a strange suggestion but it always works for me. I get so engrossed in the game I am playing that before I know it, I'm calm, relaxed and wondering what I was worrying about.

Give it a try and let us know how you are later

bottleblond
03-04-08, 19:46
Hiya Hun,

You ain't had a decent sleep in 4 nights, you have been looking after the kids who have been ill and you have anxiety. I really think you would benefit from a good nights sleep! Is there any chance that hubi could get up during the night if needed so you can catch up with some rest?

Best of luck hun and i hope you all feel better really soon.

Love Lisa

xxx

p.s that tummy bug is doing it's rounds here too!! :wacko:

Orion
03-04-08, 22:21
Hi Jo,

You are totally exhausted and I agree with bottleblond a good nights sleep will do you good.And Pickle, your suggestion to play a arcade game is ace.I have never thought before,but a game on the PC tends to distract me from the attacks as well.Good call.

nok_tok
04-04-08, 01:25
its always hard when your kids are ill, but they are in the best hands, safe and secure. sometimes you can make yourself ill when you take alot on, or you could be catching the bug but dont worry bugs only last a few days, and you are allowed to be ill every once in a while, i know how you feel though, i get paniky when im ill...hope you feel better soon x x x x

wrain
04-04-08, 04:37
There are some great suggestions here. Please find what works for you so that you can calm down. I can imagine how you feel as I have gone through some similar feelings. Just find something to take your mind off of everything and calm it down

Good Luck...Hugs

smudgie
04-04-08, 09:02
Hi :hugs:

You have been given alot of good advise and I dont really know if I can add to them.
Your exhausted and is it any wander, time and sleep and I hope you will start to function better.

Take care of you
Smudgie