PDA

View Full Version : hello to all

lonelysolitude
24-03-05, 14:54
hi to all,

i accidentally stumbled upon this site and ijust want to say what a relief it helped me with my problems associated with panic disorder.To start with,it all started when my husband was diagnose with cancer.He died after a year but the constant worry and anxiety eventually took a toll on me.I find myself so depressed but i guess iwas in denial i did not seek professional help till it was too late.I have my first panic attack after 2 years and at first I did not know waht it was.I thought i was going to have a heart attack or something.It was so bad.Now even on medications i am still having them although not as severe.I still worry about not being able to control it and i am always on guard.The slightest weird sensation i get can give me a fit.Im just glad that I am not alone in this fight after reading some of the messages.now i know where to go when i am feeling the blues.

FAN
24-03-05, 14:58
hi welcome to the forum
really sorry to hear about your situation but at least now you know your not alone and im sure we will all give as much help as we can to getting you feeling better

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

carlin
24-03-05, 15:20
Hi there and a very warm welcome,
so sorry to hear of the awful time you have had and what you are going through right now, i think by realizing that you are not alone with these awful symptoms and feelings always helps, to a certain extent, keep in touch, keep reading through all the information on offer and most importantly keep in touch, xx

tracyp584
24-03-05, 15:44
hi,

Welcome to the site. I'm sorry you've had such a bad time, and glad you've found this great site. You will get loads of support and advice here,

tracy x x

lisarose
24-03-05, 15:55
Hi there, Just wanted to welcome you to the site. I am really sorry to hear what a tough time you have had lately and for the sad loss of your husband. We are all here to support and help you and you are not alone with this.

Hope you find this site of some help
Take care
Love Lisaxx

Karen
24-03-05, 18:41
Hi Lonelysolitude

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

nomorepanic
24-03-05, 18:54
Hi Lonelysolitude

Welcome aboard the forum

Sorry to hear about your husband - must have been a hard time for you.

Read as much as you can on the website and especially the First Steps page - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Hope to hear more from you.

Nicola

sal
24-03-05, 21:19
Hi and welcome to the site. I am pleased that you have found some comfort and realise you are not alone.

It must have been a very hard time for you when you lost your husband and you have my sympathy. I am pleased the medication is helping you although it never totally takes away the problem, it just gives us the start to get up and start fighting it.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

bubbles
25-03-05, 00:27
Welcome,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband & how low you are feeling. It must be a very difficult time for you.

There are lots of friendly & understanding people here who will help & support you through this--so keep in touch & let us know how you are.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

linjane
25-03-05, 07:14
Hi Lonelysolitude,

Welcome to the site. You will find so much on here and be able to share in other peoples experiences and you won't feel on your own anymore. It will be like having a new circle of friends for you. It must have been so hard for you, losing your husband and I feel for you and it does sound like you haven't allowed yourself to grieve and now the grief has caught up with you. I am in the position as you after losing my parents, grand-parents and a baby, I just carried on with life and didn't allow myself time to express how I was feeling and it eventually got me to where I am now. I now see a counsellor once a week, which I think would be helpful for you as they will discuss things with you and get you to face your grief, but also sticking with this site will give you loads of support and there will always be people here who will listen to you and understand what you are going through.
Take care,
Linda.

della
25-03-05, 23:17
hi lonelysolitude

Welcome to the site, there are penty of friendly people here to offer you support and friendship.

take care

della[8D]

della smith

delta
26-03-05, 10:56
hi lonelysolitude
I am so sorry to hear of your sad loss, you have been through a very tough time but you have come to the right place for support because a lot of people here know what you are going through.
Take care
Donna

pips
26-03-05, 16:11
Hi there,

A big warm welcome to you.

So sorry to hear what a rough time of it you are having. We are here to support you. We all understand about the dreaded panic and anxiety so keep in touch.

Take care,

Love PIP's XX

Meg
29-03-05, 21:29
Hi,

Sounds to me like you still have a way to go in your grieving processs and have got stuck along the path somewhere and the panic is whats presenting instead and medication alone will not resolve this.

You need to deal with your grief for your husband.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
29-03-05, 22:56
Hi

I hope your replies make you realise you are not alone in how you feel and there are many of us here that would love to help you.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.