PDA

View Full Version : re mirtazapine

jacks 6
04-04-08, 13:57
Hi
Ive been on mirtazapine for three years now only 15mg been to docs regarding dizzy spells and he wants me to discontinue this medication over the next week, has anyone else came off this med quickly and what was side effects i am terrified in case anxiety returns.

bottleblond
06-04-08, 22:04
Hi Jacks

I ain't came off that med quickly but i did with Venlafaxine!! I just felt spaced all the time , horrid depersonalisation, I felt i was not in control of my own body, like i was looking out of dirty specs through a frosted window, silly as it may sound!!

Trick is hun to do it gradual- i think just stopping any meds quickly would have some effect so please take it easy! maybe half your doze to begin with!

best of luck with it

Love Lisa
xxxx

Jjeni
13-04-08, 13:44
hiya huns !!
I am currently coming off this medication for the exact same reason !! i keep feeling like im falling ? dizzyness lightheaded and faint ? anyawy i am on one every other night right now for another two weeks then im beign lowered again - i too have been on 15 mg for 3 years !! would really like to chat sometime !! xx jen

jacks 6
15-04-08, 15:32
Hi
Been back to docs has decided i should not discontinue the mirtazapine at present, wish he would make his mind up, does not think this is causing dizziness and has referred me for ct scan.

jacks 6
08-04-09, 19:29
Hi
Back again im now on day seven of withdrawing from mirtazapine, not been easy but sticking with it, getting excited at the prospect of not having to pop a pill every night, although this med was a life saver for me.
jacks

Janice Ellis
22-04-09, 08:29
I took Mirtazapine( (http://www.prescriptiondrug-info.com/Drugs/Mirtazapine.asp) Remeron) (http://www.prescriptiondrug-info.com/Drugs/Remeron.asp) for two years. During that time my weight increased by 28 pounds, my urge to eat was insatiable and I became suicidal. My moods were not lightened in any way and I suffered weird trembling of my muscles in bed at night. I looked on the internet and found lots of conversations like this from people saying they'd gained loads of weight and were still feeling depressed or even suicidal. I decided independently of my doctor that this medication was doing me no good. I told him I was feeling fine and dandy now and believed I could come off it. He allowed me to reduce the dose over 3 months and finally stop. I replaced it with excercise and meditation. I've lost all the weight and I'm not depressed. I feel much happier than before I was prescribed it and I'm very grateful that I read reports from ordinary people on sites like this.I cope with the small everyday things that get me down much better than I did when I was taking it. It made me feel much worse and made me so irritable that I was getting angry at any tiny little thing and being terribly offensive to my friends and family. I was also very fat and suicidal!

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

jo61
27-04-09, 12:44
Hi
Been back to docs has decided i should not discontinue the mirtazapine at present, wish he would make his mind up, does not think this is causing dizziness and has referred me for ct scan.

I know you're not going off it now but if you do in the future, please, please come off it really gradually. Can't be done in a week IMO:hugs: