PDA

View Full Version : Hormones and Anxiety - Help!!?

petmad
05-04-08, 12:01
Hi
I seem to get worse by the month with my anxiety and me being aware of my heart thumping away and missing beats etc. Docs have said my heart is fine but sometimes I just worry to extreme which makes it worse.
I am concerned my hormones and PMT is not helping, my hormones seem to screw me up more times in the month than a period could ever last!! How do you know if you are starting the menopause and how can hormones be controlled to not mess up my emotions and anixety? I am definately worse during PMT etc, but now dread my period coming as if the anxiety gets worse and the heart thumping starts again, I then panic my heart is going to pack up or something!! Sometimes I feel a bit like my breath has been taken away but then is that panic? Sometimes I can be doing something and it suddenly comes on but I guess deep down I am thinking about things.
My doc said hormones change as you get older and after having kids but I hate living like this and being an ogre to my kids and not enjouing life as I should be.
Does anybody else suffer like this and if so how do you manage it?
Any help please xx

bottleblond
05-04-08, 16:01
Hi Petmad,

I am the same hun...Anxiety goes through the roof when i'm due!!

You asked how you can find out if you are going through the menopause! Well i'm sure they can do a blood test now at the docs that can determine if you are or not.

Take care

Lisa
xxx