PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Jooles
24-03-05, 20:33
Sufferedbig panic attack 2 days ago. Took me about 1 hour too recover. Unfortunately was stuck on A14.
Thankfully partner came and rescued me, so had to explain to work, and police. Eventually tried to get car back, felt ok, so we went back to car, started driving it started again after 200 yards, , thankfully managed to get off motorway before it got too worse... ok whinge over.....hello everyone!

Jooles

seh1980
24-03-05, 20:35
hello Jooles,

Welcome to the site!! :)

I have been in that same situation many times myself and it's a horrible feeling, isn't it? Not nice when it happens behind the wheel of a car. Everyone here is very friendly so I'm sure you will receive loads of support.

Sarah :D

vernon
24-03-05, 20:52
Welcome to the site jools u will find lots of help here:)

sal
24-03-05, 21:15
Hi Jooles

Sorry about the experience you have had. Welcome to the site and i hope we can help you.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Karen
24-03-05, 21:24
Hi Jooles

Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience you had. Hope you will find it helpful being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

FAN
24-03-05, 21:29
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find lots of help here

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

bubbles
25-03-05, 00:18
Jooles,

Welcome to the site.

Quite a few people here have this anxiety connection with driving/motorways. Most have found, or are starting to find, ways to deal with it & found ways to cope---so you will get lots of help & support with this, & useful advice.

I hope you feel better soon.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

zena
25-03-05, 11:45
Hi Jooles
Welcome to the site.
Keep reading the advise you get honey you'll be amazed how it makes you feel.

with good wishes

Zena

carlin
25-03-05, 14:24
Hi Jooles and welcome to the site, sorry you are having such a bad time right now with the driving etc.. i know that feeling only too well, you will find so much support here, good luck

kairen
25-03-05, 15:31
hi jooles,

was talking to you in chat room last night hope your day has been better today, chin up and all that this is a great site once you get the hang of it lol... hopefully catch up with you again soon xx

kairen x

delta
25-03-05, 21:22
Hi Jooles
Welcome to the site. I know exactly what you have been through with this. I suffered my first panic attack whilst I was in my car I didn't know it was a panic attack then and thought I was about to die. This was 15 years ago, it has been a long hard struggle but I am coping better now with my PA. I have never handled stress very well and regularly go through very anxious periods in my life.
Take care
Donna
x

sal
25-03-05, 22:07
Hi Jooles

How are things for you now?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

nomorepanic
26-03-05, 18:37
Hi Jooles

Welcome aboard the forum

Sorry to hear about the panic attack - my main problems are whilst driving so I hope I can be of some help.

Hope you come back for some more support.

Nicola