PDA

View Full Version : Hello I am new here xx

nooey
06-04-08, 12:42
Hi

My name is nooey I am female 32 years young :)

I have had spells of panic attacks through out my life but for the past 8 years I have had really bad anxiety and panic and also agoraphobia.

I have no idea what started it all off and I have spent hours trying to work it out only getting more frustrated. I am trapped in the fear panic fear cycle and I feel so alone.

I am terrified of my body and the symptoms it has and the way I tried to explain it to my doctor was if you are terrified of spiders they make you petrified, you can squash them, run away from them or get someone else to squash them BUT I live in my spider what do I do?

I am so pleased that I found this site it is amazing and I would like to thank the wonderful peeps that created it and also all the wonderful members that contribute to it with their posts.

I have had a multitude of symptoms over the years and a multitude of tests and still each time I think ITS DIFFERENT THIS TIME!!!!

When I seem to stop fearing a symptom it goes and I get a new one I have a couple of symptoms that I cant seem to get a hold of one of them is the fluttering in my chest and skipping and bumping and thudding - I may not get it for days then boom I have it all day and it frightens me so so much.

I am crying tears as I write this but they are actually tears of relief that I have found you:blush: not that I wish any of you went through this and I wish I had a magic wand to help you all but it is nice to know that we are not alone even if we sometimes feel we are.

I guess that is enough of the nitty gritty bits on top of all this I love photography, nature, pets and chatting to people on messenger

So Hello to ALL my lovely new friends

Love Nooeyxx

Bunty
06-04-08, 12:45
Welcome Nooey!!!
It is awful to be going through what you are dealing with. There is loads of information on this site which you will find useful and we'll all support you.
The key is to stop fearing the panic but many people just don't know how to do this - including me!!

Buntyxx

chalky
06-04-08, 13:07
Hi Nooey,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

smudgie
06-04-08, 13:12
Hi Nooey

Glad you found the site and :welcome: .

Your so right what you said about the spider, its a good way of putting it, people really dont understand do they.

You will have all the support here you need.

Take care of you
Smudgie

kellie
06-04-08, 13:17
hiya nooey :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D. you sound like a wonderful bubbly lady with a postive outlook disspite haveing to cope with the nasty symptoms and feelings of anxiety :yesyes: . you will get lots of support/advice from everyone here and you will make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all. i look forward to getting to know you,

best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
06-04-08, 13:51
Hello Nottie And Welcome........i Wish Ya Well.......linda

PUGLETMUM
06-04-08, 17:27
:D hello nooey - :welcome: to nmp, i look forward to getting to know you - i also suffer the same as you - well i do have the odd ectopic spell bu tnot for long and it isnt one of my most feared symptoms - but i have been agoraphobic, (and i suffer with the fear/panic/fear cycle that you mentioned):weep: :wacko: and i suppose i still am but im recovering as so many others on here are - take care ,emma:flowers:

belle
06-04-08, 18:01
Hi and welcome :)

x

Nibbles
06-04-08, 19:45
Hi Nooey and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
06-04-08, 20:07
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

nomorepanic
06-04-08, 22:20
Hi Nooey

A warm :welcome: to NMP and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help

Joe1981
06-04-08, 23:25
Welcome to the site :D

Lilith1980
07-04-08, 09:03
Hi Nooey

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx