PDA

View Full Version : worried

rickloader
06-04-08, 22:25
Hey all,

just writing a thread as im worried about this lump under my armpit scared its something serious :~(

bluebell68
06-04-08, 22:59
Hi rick.... after 20 years+ of anxiety i can probably say that i have worried about most of the symptoms that poeple post so its no surprise that ive worried about this too... if i had a moto im sad to say it would be " i worry, therefore I am" i wish i could stop too... if it helps, my lump turned out to be a cyst caused by a blocked hair follicle, apparently doc told me its common but most people don't notice it... well of course i did... it was caused by putting deodourant on straight after shaving but it can happen just from sweating..... and after a week it just dispersed on its own ...
get it checked out if you are still worried but im sure its nothing serious....honest :)
Hang in there

Hope 2
07-04-08, 01:43
Hey Rickloader :D

Like Bluebell said , blocked hair follicles are common , as are blocked sweat glands .
Also if we are brewing a cold for example , the lymph nodes can swell and be felt under the arm . Maybe see how it goes over next few days , then see gp if still worried .

Let us know how u get on
Love Hope xx

menomum
07-04-08, 08:45
Hi There, just to say I was posting about this same problem a couple of weeks ago and was just as scared as you. Turned out to be blocked sweat gland and dr said nothing to worry about take a course of antibiotics for a week. Its now gone down. Keep calm, good luck.