PDA

View Full Version : Helloooo

joanne_c_6968
07-04-08, 09:05
Hi everyone

I am new to this forum, but unfortunately not to panic attacks. :wacko:

I realised what they were when I was about 15. (I am 39 now)
However I have always been nervous even as a child so I suppose its in my make up.

I have had a few good years where they have not bothered me at all, but they always seam to come back.

Medication has helped, I took Seroxat for about 3 years, and it was FAB. I felt like I could take on the world, went to America 3 times, Europe etc etc, I had a great time. :yahoo:

However, 5 years ago I moved and changed doctors and he took me off Seroxat and put me on Citalopram. I have been going downhill ever since.
I cant seam to get my head round it this time, which is why I am here :)

I now have 2 boys aged 4 and 2, and I really dont want to ruin their lives by not taking them on nice holidays etc.

Hopefully I can get some more advice and you never know, I may even be able to offer some help to others aswell :)

Fingers Crossed
Love to you all
Jo

Lilith1980
07-04-08, 11:55
Hi Jo

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Sorry to hear your problems with Citalopram - maybe some other members on here will be able to give you some advice. Other than that you sound very positive about tackling this head on which is great :D

Jo xxxxx

Nibbles
07-04-08, 12:02
Hi Jo and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I'm sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment. :hugs: Perhaps you could go back to your GP and discuss your medication if you feel the citalopram isn't working. How long have you been on it so far? It normally takes around six weeks for it to start working completely.

Take care,

Mike :)

kellie
07-04-08, 16:36
hiya Joanne :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice from all the great members here. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all.

best wishes
take care:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
07-04-08, 20:22
Hi Jo

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Lindalou64
07-04-08, 23:27
Hello Jo And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well.............linda

chalky
08-04-08, 17:58
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Joe1981
09-04-08, 03:51
Welcome to the site! :D

lesleya
09-04-08, 04:59
welcome to nmp - everyone always willing to listen and help

trac67
09-04-08, 11:17
Hi Jo,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx