PDA

View Full Version : Success In CBT

L1SA
07-04-08, 21:02
Hi

I have suffered panic and anxiety since i was 14! nearly 20yrs now :ohmy:

Since having alot of trauma in my life to contend with i was at breaking point! I'd completely lost control of myself and i was at my lowest.

I decided to have CBT sessions after trying various other treatments (hypnotherepy/councilling etc.....)

Im on my 11session and im a different person!

I wasn't sure what i was learning would work in real life BUT it did :yesyes:

I was tested in the worst of circumstances tho

I had befriended a lovely man who became very close to me and he had been through the CBT and was helping me with the course.

He was my carpet and if i had an anxiety he was on hand 24/7 THEN suddenly out of the blue he died.

I went into the most biggest panic i'd ever experienced! I had to prioristise my life there and then, i had to drop everything and concentrate on my CBT skills to get me out of the massive anxietys that were spinning round....

I was frightened! BUT within 3days the panic and anxietys had gone! It had worked!
Instead of grieving i was in a state of panic and once i had controlled the panic from the skills i had learned i could grieve.

I still have some anxietys left to get control of BUT i can asure you all that it can work and give you back control

Lisa

belle
07-04-08, 22:04
This is fabulous to read. I start CBT tomorrow and i've had panic/agoraphobia for nearly 10 years.

Well done for overcoming it :)

x

honeybee3939
07-04-08, 22:22
Hi Lisa

What a lovely positive thread, so pleased to hear the CBT worked for you and you have learnt how to control the anxiety.:yesyes:

You keep up the good work hun and good luck for the future too:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

jo21cu
18-05-08, 21:47
Hi lisa!!!!, this is very nice. congratulation
My name is george and i go to london next month to live and i have same problem (panic and anxiety), the thing is i dont know where to go, and i like to know if there are association o something free or if i have to pay how much it cost a CBT and if you can advice me where to go.

Im very happy about you.

take care

george

marie1974
18-05-08, 21:52
hiya thats great news i have had 4 sessions and like you its already changing me for the better, now i am really beginni to think and feel that i dont care wot people think of me, im me and proud of me, keep up good work hun xx

Cathy V
18-05-08, 22:30
Hi Lisa, thats great news. Ive read alot about CBT on nmp, and am thinking now that maybe i can have a chat with my doc about.

Congrats on the success of the treatment.
Best wishes
cathy xxx:hugs:

Cathy V
18-05-08, 22:40
....and hola joe21,
eres espanol o ingles? bienvenido a nmp :) cual ciudad vive en espania? espero hace muchos amigos en londres, y en nmp tu tambien!

Saludos
cathy :welcome:

cece
24-06-08, 02:11
Lisa,
That is very encouraging and I had similar success with cbt. I tried a lot of different things before I learned about cbt and I honestly didn't think it was going to help me. Now that it has changed my life I try and recommend it to everyone:D

cece
24-06-08, 02:13
Jo21cu,
If you are self disciplined you can do cbt on your own for free. Read the cbt book by sam obitz and start doing the tea form exercise or search on-line for other free or inexpensive cbt options:yesyes: