PDA

View Full Version : lha housing benefit change

kashameets
08-04-08, 14:13
I'm moving soon from a 2 bed flat to a 2 bed house just around the corner from me (same landlord) don't have much choice about where i live as I'm on housing benefit and have 4 little dogs so not many properties will take us on.
i went to get a housing benefit form and was told its now changed to lha.
which means now the council have a set amount for housing benefit depending on the size of your family and area you live in.
as I'm a couple i will be awarded 115.38p a week max for my area and cos as a couple i only need 1 bedroom.
its good in one way as they don't seem to take money off if you are a couple and have 2 reception rooms instead of the one they say you need.
but as i suffer from insomnia and get up all through the night my partner and i often sleep in different rooms as its not fair on him so we need a 2 bedroom property and i was wondering if anyone on here that's a couple get the higher amount for a 2 bedroom because of illness or there care needs?:)

mirry
09-04-08, 13:02
Is there no way you can have a pull out bed in the living room area for when you cant sleep ? Seems a shame for the council to have give a two bedroom that might be needed by a family ,when its just the two of you :shrug: .

sorry if that sounds off , just an idea .

xBettyBoopx
09-04-08, 23:41
I suppose that I'm gonna sound 'off' too, but if you are on housing benefit then your partner doesn't work? Why are you renting privately and not with the council?

I sympathise with your insomnia, but to be blunt, be greatful for what you get:yesyes:

kashameets
16-04-08, 00:43
Is there no way you can have a pull out bed in the living room area for when you cant sleep ? Seems a shame for the council to have give a two bedroom that might be needed by a family ,when its just the two of you :shrug: .

sorry if that sounds off , just an idea .
we haven't got a council house its private.

kashameets
16-04-08, 00:49
I suppose that I'm gonna sound 'off' too, but if you are on housing benefit then your partner doesn't work? Why are you renting privately and not with the council?

I sympathise with your insomnia, but to be blunt, be greatful for what you get:yesyes:
my partner doesnt work cos i have social phobia and agoraphobia and have done all my life so he looks after me.
we rent privately cos we cant get a council house as we dont have kids and even if we did we would have to be homeless and in b and b before we would be offered a place.
we are greatful that the council pay some of are rent for us:unsure:

mirry
16-04-08, 11:25
hope you get it sorted out soon sarah , you may be able to find advise online ? But I dont know where ?