PDA

View Full Version : Winniethewitch checking in!

Winniethewitch
08-04-08, 21:40
Hello, I'm Winniethewitch ( sorry, I'm not really a witch, but all the usernames I tried were taken so resorted to this......it's the title of a book my 7 year old is currently reading!)
I have OCD which is sometimes controllable and sometimes is not.......feels like it's taking me over........I suffer mainly from obsessive thoughts....I do have compulsions but they don't cause me too much trouble, are just annoying really. But the obsessions are terrible sometimes.
I have suffered this for many years, eventually went down the NHS route, first they gave me drugs, which just made me feel ill, didn't do anything to help the obsessive thoughts, then on to CBT which I could see might help but the therapist I got pushed me too hard, too quickly and I failed, then of course felt a lot worse. At the moment, I am feeling better than I have been for years, I am working with a brilliant therapist who uses a mix of CBT and EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques, which I had never heard of before, but are really interesting) and counselling. She told me about this site and a couple of other sites.
I am a teacher with one daughter of 7. I live in the north of England.
Hope to talk to many of you, love from Winniethe witch

louwilliams
08-04-08, 21:44
:welcome: welcome to NMP winnie (fab name by the way)

you'll find loads of help, advice and support here from us all

Lou xxxxxxxx

bluebell68
08-04-08, 21:47
Hi winnie... :welcome: to NMP.......glad to read you are feeling so positive.. Emotional Freedom Techniques sounds interesting...ive not herad of that.. maybe you could post some more about it..
:hugs: Again welcome
xx Rach

Lilith1980
08-04-08, 22:40
Hi Winnie

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

nomorepanic
08-04-08, 23:22
Did you mean to close this so we can't reply? I will re-open it

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

alexis
08-04-08, 23:24
Hi And welcome, you will get lots of help and advice here,

Joe1981
09-04-08, 03:45
Welcome to the site! :D

kellie
09-04-08, 11:28
hiya winnie :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice from all the great ppl and make some lovely friends along the way. dont forget to vist the chat room where you cam talk to us all about what ever you like or just have a giggle.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
09-04-08, 11:31
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Lindalou64
09-04-08, 13:39
Hello Winnie And Welcome..........i Wish Ya Well........linda

Nibbles
09-04-08, 20:44
Hi Winnie and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

chalky
10-04-08, 19:47
Hi Winnie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky