PDA

View Full Version : Worrying all the time about health

Worrier
08-04-08, 22:07
Hi everybody,

I've been in chat many times, but never posted so here goes. I have had really bad health anxiety for about 5 years, severe palpitations, dizziness all the normal things. I am always worrying about health issues and getting some horrid disease.

I would love to hear from other people in this situation and would welcome any suggestions on how to combat this.

I love the chat room and it really helps just to have friends in there to talk with when feeling down.

This is a great site and I'm really glad I found it.

Worrier

Lilith1980
08-04-08, 22:44
Hi Worrier,

Welcome to NMP :)

Glad you are finding the chat room helpful to you hun. Why not check the Health Anxiety section of the site as there will be many people who can relate to what you are going through, and give you some great advice and support :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

bluebell68
08-04-08, 22:53
Hi worrier... i think we just met in the chatroom, so hello again.... i suffer from HA too.. it sucks, big time!... ive suffered off and on for the last 20 or so years, so there aren't many diseases that i haven't been convinced that ive had, im suffering another big bout now :wall: :madness: ... anytime you want to you can PM me and trust me i'll understand how you are feeling......
Hang in there
Best Wishes
Rach (Vegas fan)

erialc
08-04-08, 23:30
Hi Worrier xx

I have seen you in chat a few times.

Health Anx gets the better of me some times but try to get on as best u can.
Anytime u fancy a chat feel free :) to pm

minihaha
08-04-08, 23:57
hiya and welcome, i can relate completely to how you are feeling and i now realise after 4 years of dealing with anxiety and panic attacks that the root cause of my worry is Health anxiety - i am on red alert on a daily basis to every twinge or ache in my body and i manifest these innocent twinges into everything from imminent heart failure to a blood clot travelling round my body !! since joining this forum and reading the health anxieity posts i have realised that every feeling or sympton i have had is normal when living with health anxiety. I have learnt more coping mechanisms in my 2 weeks of visiting this forum, than i have in the last 4 years and i feel so much better for it.
Good luck xxxx

Worrier
09-04-08, 00:02
Thanks everybody. Today I have this weird empty feeling above the belly button like I am starving but I have eaten. It drives me nuts coz I keep thinking it must be something bad. Health anxiety is a wicked thing for sure. And we all know the more you concentrate on a symptom the worse it gets. I'm trying to relax and forget about it, but it is so hard.

I

Joe1981
09-04-08, 03:45
Welcome to the site! :D

kellie
09-04-08, 07:14
hiya worrier :welcome: to nmp. i get that empty feel as well on and of even though ive eaten. i thought i was burning up my food to fast and had a thyriod problem but tests said no. there are some strange symptoms with this anx aint there. talk to you in chat soon
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
09-04-08, 11:16
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx