PDA

View Full Version : had one panic attack when smoking and..

Paultheman
09-04-08, 02:25
Hello, i smoked weed ( something i usually do not do ) and it scared me because i smoked alot of it..

I had a panic attack and thought there was somethign wrong with me if im gonna be okay.. etc.. this was VERY bad panic attack in my opinion.. i almost wanted to killmyself

I am assuming these following sympthoms are from weed because ive smoked before and it has never happened before.. only after the "panic attack" i had..

pretty much after this has happened i have "felt weird".. I can function fine at work... do math problems easily... socialize with others the same if not better.. but... somethign in my mind is blank

I feel like everything isnt how it used to be.. when i look at things.. they are the same but there is something diferent about it.. When i look at people something is diferent. When i read into this the only thing i could relate this to is "unreality" or derealism/depersonalization

I know i am myself, and it is very scary to think there is somethign wrong with me after this, i have read it is depersonalization or derealism, but alot of things that i read about it -i do not have.. like " not noticing myself in the mirror" etc.. its just that i feel weird and something about everything.... is diferent ( a person.. a setting etc)

Is this derealism/depersonalization from the panic attack??
(my family is known to be very nervious and have anxiety)

Should i go to a Psychiatrist? It have been a week and a half, and some days i get this feeling very bad.. some days it isnt as bad .. and some times i feel like i dont have it at all.. But it has been going on for over 7 days someone please inform me? : (

maybe this is all in my head and i am worrying too much? i have been thinking about it constantly so that could be a factor.

Paulos
09-04-08, 05:26
Are you still high at all? Just curious, also I had a night when I smoked a whole joint and I went through a MAJOR panic attack and it took me 3 hours to recover, my chest felt weak/pressured/tingly and I had to sleep it off... it was horrible, ever since then I've had quite a bit of odd chest anxiety.

Paulos
09-04-08, 05:28
Also my mind ALWAYS feels blank... tired, weak and out of it... I'm quite worried about myself as well, plus I drank quite heavily two nights ago and am fearful I may have done something to myself *but most of my family don't agree which is good* because I went through major medication anxiety when I skipped a dose so I could drink and just in general drank a while/binged... so basically we're kind of on the same boat... I can do math and all but lately I feel really BLOCKED... I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for you AND me lol... hope you get better and I suggest a psychiatrist may be a good idea, or your usual doctor.

Paultheman
09-04-08, 09:12
Thsi is weird .. but after researching derealism/depersonalization..

It says everyone has this, but they do not notice it like many of us "anxiety filled" people have...

i have noticedi have gotten this before the panic attack but only for a few seconds.. and its only the realism dreamlike portion of "derealism/depersonalization" i seem to have.. so i'm convincing myself i may have this blankness for a littlebit, but its my mind forcing myself to beleive that i have something

So far tonight i after 8 days i seem to not have this anymore? i hope it stays this way...

AtmoLav
09-04-08, 09:15
Dudes, chill.

Panic Attacks are a common side-effect of smoking pot. The stoner community calls them "whiteys" because you go white when you're having one.

The reason you're still suffering is because you're worried about having done some damage to yourself. You haven't.

For the record, NO-ONE has EVER died from smoking pot alone. EVER. Well, actually I think there are like three possible cases or something. The hysteria in the media isn't helping you I bet.

Calm down, forget about it and the weird feelings will go.

Paulos
09-04-08, 20:37
K... and the blankness of our minds?...

Paultheman
10-04-08, 00:53
hey paulos, i guess it came back a little today.. i guess.. and i think the blankness is us trying so hard to think? i think were thinking theres something wrong with us which is doubting us.. what is it that your blank about? Im usualyl blank about thinking of like what im gonna do with my life career, or whats tonight gonna be like etc..

im assuming we are thinking way too much about it.. and theres actually really nothing wrong with us..

Paulos
11-04-08, 20:40
I'm blank about like almost everything, when people talk to me I have to ask them what they said again sometimes and such. I think there is or is not something wrong with us, I'm not really sure but I'm not the person I used to be and that's what makes me mad.

seleana
14-04-08, 19:15
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site. I suffer with panic disorder too. My first encounter was when I smoked some weed and I started feeling like I was dying. I was crying and very scared and I tried splashing water on my face and trying to snap out of it but the fear got worse. I then calmed down a little and started picturing myself in Heaven. (I was still High). My cousins then made me lay down and I went to sleep. When I woke up I was fine. I never smoked weed again. However, shortly after that I noticed my panic attacks would come on if I heard bad news, anything death related, and when I would get very upset. They seem to come when I am stressed. I believe that I have them from a fear of death? Most of the time they come on when I am alone or in my car. It is a bad feeling! Has this happened to anyone else?