PDA

View Full Version : How did you find this site?

nomorepanic
25-03-05, 21:13
How did you find the NoMorePanic site?

Nicola

mico
25-03-05, 21:48
I voted google, although I'm not sure if mine really counts (depending on the purposes of your poll) since I joined so long ago. But that's how I found it anyway.

mico

zena
26-03-05, 10:24
Found mine by going through another website.
Can't remember what one though....but I'm glad I found it.

with good wishes

Zena

Rennie1989
26-03-05, 20:16
i found this site on ask.co.uk so i said 'browsing on internet'

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

Finally NOT SINGLE!!!!!!

lin
16-04-05, 12:06
i to found this site on "ask" i voted for "browsing on internet"

lin xx

maxine
16-04-05, 16:13
I found it from the link at No Panic.....you should really change that if you dont want dodgy characters like myself wandering in here.:D:D

Rennie1989
16-04-05, 22:31
lol maxine :D

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

clickaway
17-04-05, 19:43
I found it through the No Panic site too.

But I only heard about No Panic through a friend.

Why are the health professionals I see so secretive about it?.....

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

sal
17-04-05, 22:02
Not sure Ray. Maybe dont want the lime light taken off them. Anyone who i have met and suffers i always give the name to this site.

We couldnt do better than this.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

maxine
18-04-05, 16:24
I got the phone number for No Panic through a helpline i phoned when i thought i was going mad it was called Saneline i think so yeah there are links to the various sites but you have to look really closely to find them.

jon1
02-06-05, 18:05
There was an article in the Independent newspaper I think.

tracyp584
02-06-05, 18:06
I found the website on Google.

Thank goodness for it too!

tracy x x

sepo azul
07-06-05, 22:39
clicked on "feeling of unreality" link on some epilepsy site, followed links to this one.
Forever greatful.
Sepo

cam
12-11-05, 13:18
was checkin the net for breathin difficulties...chest pains...so on......then stumbled across.it.....so glad i did...BIG help....thanx....then realised i had health anxiety...lol

cameron

"Do not underestimate the force of the Amish side"

chucklehound
12-11-05, 13:25
A friend told me she used it and found it very helpful - THANK YOU FLO!!!!!
:D[^]:D

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Trish
12-11-05, 15:41
Hi I voted Google.............I put in 'panic attacks during sleep' and this was one of the site's that came up...........boy, am i glad i did!

This is one of the times i googled right.........since i found this site i don't google for symptons!:D

Trish xx

Daniel
13-11-05, 18:50
I typed in anxiety on google and this forum stuck a chord with me, very friendly and supportive. [^]

Keitharcher
19-11-05, 20:23
I voted google it came out top on the search and am i glad it did

keitharcher

sun2sun1
22-11-05, 01:27
Google, looking for info on Agorophobia. Glad I did it , too!

Madwoman
22-11-05, 09:07
I was browsing the internet for citalopram because my doctor had prescribed it msn led me to you and the rest is history

madsxx

why dont sheep shrink in the rain?

arethaire
30-01-06, 14:05
Google did it for me too ..... Nice to see I'm not alone

Cath x

Ma Larkin
30-01-06, 14:58
I was referred for CBT counselling. The counsellor said CBT wasn't for me, & gave me this website address.

polly
25-02-06, 23:39
Hi,
I read the article in the Daily Mail.
Regards,
Polly.

hunny_as
27-02-06, 18:05
i posted in anther forum and someone saidto try here and i thank that person so much.

amanda x

sheika
02-03-06, 22:34
My Uncle sent me the article that was in the English Daily Mail dated Feb 21st. I wish I found this site a long time ago!

lfb
16-03-06, 16:56
my dear mum send it to me

always loved never fogotten..
www.justgiving.com/kylefaldborggraham

skye338
16-03-06, 17:05
I was given a article a family member had read in the daily mail and it had this web site on it.

sarah56
27-03-06, 21:01
i found this site though looking for more about my medication

s.walters

Blue Child
29-03-06, 10:29
I was desperately looking through sites on Google and I browsed the pages for sites in the UK and came across here. I knew I needed to be with other sufferers of depression, so that I could communicate with others who would know HOW depression can make you feel. I cannot communicate well with non-suffers, as I am afraid of their reaction and also of the possible rejection. So glad that this site is here and feel so fortunate to have located it.
Thanks to all ' The Rabble' for the site,
Blue Child

Paddington
29-03-06, 10:32
i read the daily mail article.mary-rose.xxxxxxxxxx

we are all in the same boat and can guide each other ashore

Alexandra
29-03-06, 14:29
Saw the article in Daily Mail

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

honeybee3939
29-03-06, 17:20
My CBT told me about it and also the same week a family member saved me the daily mail article.

Andrea
xxx

anonymous
29-03-06, 17:23
i found this website from reading an article in the newspaper!

polly
30-03-06, 10:37
Hi,
I found the site through the article in the Daily Mail.
Polly.

samltyson
12-06-06, 10:26
i heard of this site through watching trisha who mentioned it

scoobygirl2005
12-06-06, 11:52
A friend of mine recommended it. And I am glad she did, its a brillaint website. Well done Nic. :D

Scooby2005
x x

surreylady
07-09-06, 14:33
my wonderful new boyfriend found this site for me through google, we were out having fun one day and the next day my panic attacks came back out of the blue, im so thankful he found this for me

a j jaye

Jellybaby
08-09-06, 15:01
Someone approached me on my website to ask if they could post details about a programme being made for the bbc on anxieties and phobias. She mentioned this website and originally I thought I had visited here before, but I hadnt it was another site which wasnt UK based.

http://www.mumszone.co.uk

Lindalou64
08-09-06, 18:08
Not sure Nic.........i guess i was just looking at sites and this one caught mt eye...didnt even realize it was all people from uk but as time goes on i see more americans joining lol.....tc Linda[8D]

Phill2
10-09-06, 11:13
I told my Dr about the site and how much it had helped me and she put a link on her website
www.healthinformation.com.au
under major illnesses
Phill

Don't believe everything you think.

buffybot
22-09-06, 23:50
I found this site on a search i think ..well it was a while ago now ;)

Incii
23-09-06, 10:07
I heard about it on radio 1, a phone in prog on anxiety and panic dissorders, thank god i did, i'd be a wreck by now if i hadn't found it.

LoveSharon x

sixy
06-10-06, 17:32
I rang the NoPanic hotline, spoke to a wonderful and lovely lady called Sheila who told me about this site!

Thanks Sheila and thanks to all who make this site so great!

tam
06-10-06, 18:36
Hi i found it from no panic my councillor gave me a leaflet for no panic. Ijust wish I had been given or found this site 3 yrs ago .would be good if doctors give you info about this site .Iwent to a relaxation class were everybody was the same and passed the info on.
THANKS TO ALL WHO RUN THIS SITE ITS A GOD SEND

Brandy snap
17-11-06, 01:07
This website was mentioned in one of my issues of the No Panic booklet which I subscribe to. Someone also recommended it on the General Board of the Genes Reunited website. Thank you so much for being there. Janet

LickeyEndBlues
17-11-06, 08:31
Hi Nic,

I found this after a visit to the doc meant returning with new meds....what are these I thought and NMP was about 3rd on the list after some dull medical stuff.

The health folk I have dealt with didn't know of the site, I'm sure there would be a place for promotional material in their waitng rooms.

Iain

Laissez les bon temp roulez

mumtoone
27-11-06, 02:28
i googled "ptsd forum" and this is the first site i found ... am so glad ..

only been here a couple hours and already been made to fee 1 - normal and 2 - very welcome!

Rebecca

Ma Larkin
27-11-06, 14:29
I voted leaflet from doctor/therapist, but I wasn't actually given a leaflet, I was just given the web address by a CBT assessor in Hyde, Greater Manchester (who decided I didn't need CBT but thought the site would be good for me).

Les

Ross
06-12-06, 20:58
It was recommended to me by a great friend who is also a member (Angel2Nite).

TY Jodie - See you can be helpful sometimes :D

------------------------------------------------
Is There Really Gravity, Or Does Earth Just Suck?

happyone
22-12-06, 21:45
I put 'other' but it might have been 'browsing'.
I typed in 'alcohol and Citalopram' as I was wondering why the leaflet siad not to mix. When I found this, I was soooooooo pleased!
happyone

groovygranny
22-12-06, 23:41
I 'googled' Citalopram...................and alcohol! OK, I admit it!

GG [:P]

xx

'There are no such things as strangers; just friends we haven't made yet!'

EmmaJane
26-12-06, 23:38
My neice told me about it, although I haven't known her to come here. Glad i did though :-)

broadband.cyphus.com, switchboard.cyphus.com
There are many ways to stay in touch.

Keep focused, keep positive. Emma x

lilmommax
06-02-07, 18:06
i couldnt figure out why my hands and feet were tingling so i googled "tingling hands and feet" and it led me here!

~ * Ash * ~

KOKO23CAT
07-02-07, 16:02
google, would have been so helpful if the doctor had told me about it months before!

my life is full of catastrophies, most of which never happened

SAM21
08-02-07, 22:06
yep...i found it from googling....

the only one time i didnt regret about why i googled....

this is defintly a great site, and is helping so many peeple like myself.

sam

bubblygirl
18-02-07, 19:48
I found it by typing in citalopram and alcohol! Been hooked ever since.

Sarah:w00t2:

honeybee
21-02-07, 11:10
i typed in 'agoraphobia chatroom*' into google.. fan-tabby-dosis :)

Pink Princess
06-03-07, 00:12
hey, i was referred it by beat organisation as they thought the anxiety etc was linked to my eating problems. x x x

Pixette
06-03-07, 04:57
I was given detals of this site from NHS direct. I had a very bad panic attack and I had phoned my GP and the samaritans as I thought i was going mad and neither were of any help. NHS direct were brilliant all I needed was someone to listen to me and help calm me down.
I dont know what I would have done without this site - thanks for being here xxx
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

lildutt
06-03-07, 11:09
i got told about it from a friend whos comes on this website

PUGLETMUM
06-03-07, 18:07
i was emailed about this site from somebody who saw me on the phobics society website.

PITITA
19-03-07, 11:26
I found it through the No Panic site as well...xxx

Rennie1989
20-03-07, 10:24
I found this site about 3 years ago on Ask.co.uk when I typed ''panic attacks''. Was one of the first links to show up (like No Panic).

Moondust
20-03-07, 22:13
I was looking for the address of the no panic site, and I found this one too so I looked at them both. It's helping me through a bad patch at the moment, so thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

ashnjim
10-04-07, 14:41
im new here bryan a friend of nicola? sent me to the site, it looks great.
i have been helping fellow people on mym and raised the subject and have been talking to people about anxiety.

kelbob
11-04-07, 15:03
I was given a leaflet by Doctor.

Zanxiety
18-04-07, 15:26
What I did was one day at College, I browsed a number of panic and anxiety websites from the google search engine, and I went onto the Wikepedia website which had tons of information on all of the panic until I came to this No More Panic link at the bottom of the page, and clicked onto it. It was the forum, and the very useful imformation on here which made me join it.

Thanks to this website (which I think is the best website in the solarsystem), I feel I'm already starting to make progress.

NO MORE PANIC IS THE WEBSITE KING!

rianne23
21-04-07, 10:02
i found it on google :D

edd158
15-05-07, 10:03
through general browsing on the net-so glad i came across the site! :yesyes:

greenfairywishes
15-05-07, 11:35
hi, i was watching a feature on this morning(or a programme like that) about agoraphobia/panic attacks and they mentioned a site called phobic friends, and said it was an online support group for sufferers. took me a while to actually get round to joining the site and when i remembered i couldn't find it anywhere on the net and found this forum instead. fate? i think it might just be! i have put down general internet browsing

laura:yesyes:

grapplingpunk
16-05-07, 22:11
Google for me

Cyberwolf
19-05-07, 10:14
I was going to put google but it wasn't, it was Ask Jeeves. In a despearate attempt to get any info that would give me some support and here I found you all :)

ThreeBee23
29-07-07, 02:32
I actually found the site about 11 months ago when I was reading something else. It had a link that mentioned somthing about fear of flying (which I have) but that is not what I was looking for at the time. I clicked on it and found this site. I bookmarked it and didn't think much more about it until a couple of months ago when I was in the middle of a full blown panic attack. I remembered I had bookmarked it so started reading it and was very pleasently surprised at all the wonderful information on it. It is by far the best web site I have run across for all sorts of anxiety/panic related topics. Most sites don't have Health Anxiety information and that is what I have the most! Keep up the great work! :yesyes:

ricric
29-07-07, 11:27
I googled panic boards yesterday and went to a few, but this seems to be the most popular in terms of members!
I dont know whether thats good or bad yet! lol

SharonDerby
16-08-07, 23:19
Radio 1 late one evening they had a phone in about phobias anxiety etc and the host recomended it to one listener.

whatupboo
16-08-07, 23:24
I was on wikipedia reading about panic disorders as I have just been suffering another attack. Anyway there is a link to this site, so I thought I would check it out.

Gabby
22-08-07, 14:45
No Panic was on something like Richard and Judy so I went to their site and found the blurb bout this one (which is much more friendly and prettier to look at!)

G

CarpeDiem
22-08-07, 18:26
A friend who I suddenly discovered suffered with anxiety/panic too (after years of cancelling plans with each other & being too embarasses to say why!) recommended it. I'm very glad they did. I recommended it to everyone I stayed in contact with from my group too - Passing on the knowledge! :D xxxxxx

lorac
26-08-07, 14:10
I found this site by searching for help on the internet each day and since finding it haven't searched or googled since. Its a great site and I'm so pleased I found it. Thank you.

margaret911
19-09-07, 18:09
My sister found this site for me, and as I am no good with computers my daughter helped me register as a member and I am so glad I did. It is a fab site, you should be so proud of yourself Nic. Thank you.

nomorepanic
19-09-07, 22:25
Thank you Margaret - how nice of you to comment.

Piglet
07-12-07, 19:10
I just wanted to say that when I had to go to my Mums funeral recently I printed out bits here and there from the information pages and kept it in my bag for reassurance - just knowing I had it there helped enormously and I knew I had just the right words to help me through if I did panic or feel anxiety rough!!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

chalky
23-12-07, 01:28
A Google search led me here.

I don't think I'll ever do a better one!!!

pinkpenny1uk
23-12-07, 08:24
i read about this site in a magazine. can't remember which one something like chat i think.
decided to have a look and so glad i did.

its helped me alot

luv pen xxx

MessedUp
26-12-07, 17:45
A simple google (UK only) search for panic+anxiety+forum or similar....

I tried to register on another UK forum ( http://www.anxiety-panic-attacks-phobias.co.uk/ ), but they wouldn't accept my registration with a false address (I still don't see why an email address should be required, but hey).... then I saw someone else there say there's more activity on this forum, so I tried this one instead (with a valid email this time).
Their loss is your gain?! LOL
There are more members here anyway, and I'm glad it worked out this way.

Richie
30-12-07, 12:01
Found it from a link from the charity "no panic", after i had been given their helpline number and website address
Richie x

june
30-12-07, 15:02
Hi I found this site when I was feeling really bad I remembered someone called Nicola wrote in the Daily Mail!!!!!
So I Googled the name Nicola.
In 20 years I have never had any where near the help I have had from this site.
I know it has been said before but A VERY BIG THANK YOU for sharing your experience and finding the strength to do something about it.
Many of us would be totally lost without this site.
Even if we did not reply - just reading about others and their highs and lows - we can feel part of a BIG family.
Best wishes and many thanks
June

nomorepanic
06-01-08, 23:15
Wow - so you found me by googling - fame at last LOL

blue_haired_devil
09-01-08, 06:04
I'd heard of nomorepanic before because of another anxiety site I go to. I've come here because my panic has become overwhelming. I googled to get here, but knew about it because of another board.

ScardeyCat
10-01-08, 17:21
I searched for it on google!

xx

RedMozzy
11-01-08, 04:00
I too found you on Google... what a wonderful thing that Google is ;-)

weeble40
17-01-08, 23:42
just browsing for panic but think it popped up on google, have told all the nurses at my surgery about it and they pass it on to people and i know they have cos i spoke to some pepole in my area and they said were they found it

am so glad it was started however we found it

take care all xxxxxxx

sarajane
22-01-08, 01:49
I was googling my symptons, and ended up on NMP.
I'm sooo pleaseddddddd that I did.
The members that you have on your site are the most understanding and compassionate people I have ever meet. Thank you so much for having this fantastic important site for us. I only wish I had found you years ago. Your chat room is an emotional blessing for me. I have made some lovely friends in your lounge.

(ie: I didn't go to work yesterday cause I had a panic attack and was feeling really emotional because I had let my work down 'again'. After talking to my new friends in the chat room, I felt soooo much better, and went to work today, with yesterday behind me and the future to look forward to.)

Thank you NMP from the bottom of my heart

Love, kisses and Hugs

SJ

nomorepanic
27-01-08, 23:00
Aww SJ that is such a lovely post - glad you found us too:hugs:

efc2411
28-01-08, 10:21
just found it on google too:)

tayside lassie
28-01-08, 11:11
a friend on another site told me about this like what i see up to now , a lot more information available here ,but ive made a couple of good friends on the other site and i hope to do the same here

CONS
19-04-08, 10:53
I actually googled a site with a simmilar name so its a total fluke i got here.

Or is it fate?

Bah too early for all that,

Happy to be here.

Cons

pooh
19-04-08, 11:50
I was browsing about the internet when I found this site. Haven't had a drop of red bull since someone told me to ditch it on my hello post, but most importantly, I found answers to questions that gave me absolute peace of mind, the warmest of welcomes and great people to chat too be it for a wee laugh or something a little more serious.
It's a fantastically versatile site that has helped me no end.

Lynne x

menomum
19-04-08, 17:54
I too was just doing some internet searching and got a lead to this wonderful place. I truly could not believe that there were so many others feeling just like me, it really opened my eyes coz i thought i was in this on my own. The wonderful people here have helped me so much with their support and understanding, at the moment this site is about the only thing thats giving me any comfort, long may it last.

P!nk!sh
19-04-08, 19:02
i found it in google

i typed panic sufferer forum

pompey
22-04-08, 16:04
I found it in google.

Was looking up 'coming off medication.

dianes
22-04-08, 17:09
My sister gave me an old mag that she had, in it a woman wrote about panic/agoraphobia and recommended this site. It truly has been a life saver for me as it has explained such a lot.

Thanks Nic and everyone on here.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Diane

elainefu88
04-05-08, 03:42
I found it from GOOGLE.I use GOOGLD everyday...

livingwithmyself
11-05-08, 23:30
my mum is a counsellor + she told me about the service ages ago. when i got the internet i knew there would be a website for it so i justed googled no panic. x x

scooby28
12-05-08, 17:26
I saw a review for this site on the dooyoo review site as i'm on there too.

rascal
12-05-08, 22:31
i googled dizziness and i came upon this website,
i have told my counsellor about this website as i think its fantastic.

Cathy V
13-05-08, 19:16
I googled 'ectopic heartbeats' and your forum came up. I read a few threads and thought it might be the answer for me. Its been a help with the ectopics and the meds, but sometimes i can do without the squabbles...sorry.

Regards
Cathy V :)

backflip95
13-05-08, 20:01
google

popsy
14-05-08, 12:09
Google, i typed panic attacks and depression - i think!

popsy
14-05-08, 12:10
Oh yeah and i have passed on the website address to my doctor and therapists for them to use in the future for other clients, they were very interested to hear about it.

noonoo
17-05-08, 22:06
My friend told me about the site.

titchjd
20-08-08, 17:22
I heard about the site from my doctor and my counsellor....Im very surprised that not many people were told about it through their Dr/therapist ..as it is an excellent site and provides many many people with such valuble support .

I asumed all Drs informed their patients about the site I'm very surprised xxxx

keep up the good work Nic and Team and Thank You xxx

Rous
28-08-08, 05:11
I found it during a search on 'Google' for the phobia of people I suffer (amongst other things), it was on the second page of the search so it was the twelth result in the search.

Wasn't sure what it (this site) was at first but I'm glad to have found it now, it's been quite helpful reading.

I intend to tell my doctor the next time I see her (in 3 weeks or so).

LT.

crimson
30-08-08, 16:26
Olive my mental health nurse told me about it. She gave me lots of sites but said this one was the best and she always gives her 'clients' it.

Lisa-Angel
05-09-08, 08:54
I was searching the internet in need of advice and to know i wasn't alone. I am so glad i came across NMP, it has helped me get my life back :D

titch
27-10-08, 14:43
i got told this site by nhs direct as i rang them during a panic attack..the man there suggested a few sites and i chose this one :) xx

theright
27-10-08, 17:46
I was searching for clues to a symptom I've been having for months...when I read some of the posts and lists I said, "OHG! I'm not the only one!!!"

expendable
28-10-08, 01:56
googling for numb/tingling legs!

DebraC
29-10-08, 10:41
I found it while looking up irritable bowel syndrome, a condition I have suffered for years but have had a really bad bout lately. Been really stressed and anxious(something else I,ve suffered for years from) so it was great to find this!!

Dawn2
31-10-08, 20:54
I found this site after a friend told me about it. And it's the best thing online

lilly-lou
01-11-08, 12:37
I found this site when I googled anxiety and I'm so glad I did

the hated
04-11-08, 22:15
i googled "numbness and panic" :)

very very helpful and informative site :D

DJ Trace
04-11-08, 22:22
I Found It By A friend Who Gave Me The Link and Thought it would help me as I had been searching desperatley For Somewhere That Had a Buddy system.

Duke
05-11-08, 15:18
I found you all initially by googling 'panic attacks'...then after trawling through all the various links, and narrowing it down to ones with a uk ending..I finally found one to here....wow, all those years....well done you lot anyway, it's time we had a 'voice'.

lennons_mammy
05-11-08, 19:45
I found this site on google. I was searching for information on agoraphobia.

DizzyDi
06-11-08, 16:13
lol so often on this site people are advising against googling things, but it has helped so many find this site, how ironic : )

Twin Galaxies
10-11-08, 02:47
i found it looking for information on propranolol and im glad i did i found all the info first hand, think ill stick around:D

brokeninpieces
14-11-08, 15:23
i found this site through another site, and i am glad i did. i will staying around. :)

PhoenixGrey
19-11-08, 09:59
Funnily enough I found it whilst googling my symptoms....Not always a negative thing! :-S

emms
03-12-08, 10:48
Once I was prescribed Citalopram I put it into Google to find out more and try and understand what I was going through and this website was top of the list...and so glad I found it! :)

rothko
04-12-08, 20:00
A friend of mine uses it, we were discussing various things and they showed it to me, recommending it. I've been lurking on and off for a while and thought I'd finally join up.

Sherboha
12-12-08, 15:49
I went on the No Panic website on the advice of my doctor and found a link to this site

tigger1964
16-12-08, 07:23
I typed in panic attacks on the browser think it was google not sure how i ended up here but im so very grateful i found.

Puye
18-12-08, 23:23
When I was searching for information about Panic Attacks at Wikipedia I used the link provided to this site on the Panic Attack page.

shortstuff
21-12-08, 14:25
I was given a link to it from a poster on TES forums, and am so grateful for her help.

Deepest Blue
03-02-09, 16:35
I found this site via Google searching for anxiety and panic attacks.. I think this was the top result in the search...

sunshine-lady
04-02-09, 13:08
A good friend of mine pointed me in this direction - thank you froggy prince xxx

northwales
05-02-09, 22:59
I found this site using Google

choliver
06-02-09, 06:38
just browsing the net about anxiety and came across it on google.

spiderpig
06-02-09, 21:48
Its my dad Bluesky's birthday on the 15th Feb, I want to wish him a very happy birthday ..... as he is now getting very old ....lol

skelingtor
07-02-09, 22:04
by pure luck but what good luck it was, google search to the rescue

AcroSplat
08-02-09, 21:23
I found the site by typing my symptoms into google with anxiety as a keyword. Glad i found this site though... loved playing the train game while waiting for my MRI.

june
09-02-09, 11:55
I already posted how I found this site in 2007
BUT had to add - i was in the city before Christmas 2008 - searching for 2 books that had been recommended to me. The assistant at Waterstones told me the only place they could find these books was on NMP and kindly gave me the address - which i accepted and thanked them for their help.
I thought that was lovely
June

Lilcharlie
12-02-09, 01:00
I found this site on google after typing panic attack and anxiety forums

So pleased i have found this site! :yesyes: x

lenore
13-03-09, 16:38
I came across this site when searching for advice on Citralopram. Very glad I did!

kittykat
13-03-09, 18:51
I found it through my good friend Dr Google......anybody heard of him:D

sMINT
13-03-09, 22:46
Ah yes Dr Google. A good friend of mine :yesyes:

eternally optimistic
18-03-09, 23:10
I googled, and thank god I did.

I'm not on here all the time, but whenever I do visit, which is always nice, Im soooo reassured and comforted that some of my thoughts are not mad and that other people have similar experiences.

HAVE SAID IT TIME AND TIME AGAIN ON HERE AND I'LL DO IT AGAIN.

THANK YOU - NO MORE PANIC.

NoPoet
20-03-09, 19:34
Used Google to research anxiety attacks. Really glad I found this place :)

California Girl
20-03-09, 20:05
I found this site 2 days ago from Google

Erinath
24-03-09, 16:20
I was googling for information on the likelihood of receiving a blue badge on medical grounds if you're agoraphobic and this site was something like third in the list of results. I even found the information I was after - so thank you.:hugs:

janej
13-04-09, 16:15
Google :)

shamwari
14-04-09, 17:28
Hi, i was just looking up my prescription and i ended up here. Trying to inroduce myself but cant seem to get there. lol

scarecrow
01-05-09, 18:56
Google :) It's a crackin' site :yesyes:

StandFree1903
02-05-09, 00:49
My mate Kris whos a fellow anxiety sufferer told me about it and im glad he did :D:D

Suzy.
19-05-09, 19:29
Googling my drugs brought me here, and glad it did!

Cassa63
19-05-09, 22:18
I googled "panic attack forums". Had a look at some of them and decided this one was the best. Glad I found you all.

Carol.

alibali
19-05-09, 22:44
I found this site 3 days ago after googling citalopram because of the side effects I was experiencing. I am really glad that I did. I have found it very informative, reassuring & welcoming. Top site:yesyes:

Maggie-may
07-08-09, 20:01
I 'Googled' 'Citalopram' because there was no information about it in the box, and found this site and it looked interesting!

gypsywomen
07-08-09, 20:13
from another web site so glad i found it .it helps me so much great people on here and so understanding keep it going thank you

4me2bfree
08-08-09, 18:02
I found it through a link on another site. Actually, I was googling for anxiety "answers", found an anxiety related blog through my googling and, on that specific blog I found was the link for this place so, naturally, I couldn't resist giving it a click. Needless to say, I sure am glad I did, this place is great!

teez
08-08-09, 19:24
i googled , for panic attack forums

SLINKY
10-08-09, 13:45
I was googling "coming off citalopram" and found a link to an old thread :)

Soxbrooker
12-08-09, 15:31
been here a couple times on random Googles of my problems, I found how helpful this site was.. now its my homepage :)

~Sox~

BLUEROSE1981
16-08-09, 03:17
i have suffered anxiety for 7 years i only came across this link 2 months ago and only by chance while surfing the net,
:D i think its great and has offered me loads of support, it's really good to meet people in my situation i dont feel so alone,
i think if i found this site a long time ago i would not have suffered so badly,
:hugs:cheers and a thanx, you have made my life so much easier,
xxx

Cell block H fan
20-08-09, 17:47
Ooops clicked on other as I didn't see recommended by someone when I first looked. My sister was a member years ago. She used to talk to someone on the phone? Seems health anxiety runs in the family!

ilovetoast
22-08-09, 15:47
Typically, I was worrying about something health-wise and Google found a topic on it here!

I'm glad I did.

Jessilynm
01-09-09, 23:59
I found this totally by accident. I was searching on Google to find out what could be causing a physical symptom that I was panicking about. A page from this site actually popped up, and there were all these people who unknowingly put me at ease for this symptom which I thought was so weird! Anyway, I'm happy that I found it. I needed somthing like this so much, and never knew it was here.

Jessica

DreamBoy
11-09-09, 21:00
I was told about the website by a good friend who Ive recently found suffers with the same anxiety problems that I suffer with.

mum to three
12-09-09, 14:58
Google for me and i am so glad i found it x

baxter1
14-09-09, 06:56
I found it threw google..

imjay
07-10-09, 23:49
I found on google, and after reading some posts here it prompted me to go to the dr
Since then i have recommended the site to him

maxine
17-10-09, 02:08
Years back.. when the forum was just a baby as was I!!

If i remember rightly it was through another panic attack website that didn't have a forum but recommended that i come here.

martinpaul12
30-11-09, 09:32
Just i am searching some information about Swine Flu, meanwhile i searched one of the thread related to Swine Flu and it was from this one web. So, registered myself here and then start to replying. I really enjoyed my self to join with this website...

DeMac
06-12-09, 13:15
I found it on google as Id just had a bad panic attack - seen NMP an thought whats this all about - so glad I joined been a massive help. Thought at the time I was the only one experiencing the horrors of the PA's. Added bonus I made lots of good friends too!

Dee :hugs:

36star
06-12-09, 14:52
I was looking up citalopram, and found a link to this site.

Antonio2301
13-06-10, 00:20
yeah i also found it through search no panic that i was a member of for years a while back . i googled and ended up here .. but ive not looked back , infact ive gone forward ! :D
Tony

gail
19-06-10, 16:14
i found it via another site put a post up asking for ideas as im not sleeping well at moment and someone posted it there

jaded jean
19-06-10, 18:32
I cannot for the life of me remember where I found this site , All I know it was a beacon in the distance calling me to join this brilliant group of supportive like minded people!:bighug1:

mumble
19-06-10, 18:35
Was told about No Panic by my mom and typed it in wrong - so found this place as well! Two for one =)

Jannie2948
19-06-10, 18:53
Found it when I was at the height of my panic/anxiety by googling. It has been so fantastic in getting me to where I am now, wouldn't have managed without it. Thanks, thanks, thanks to all of you :-)

Jannie x x x

JT69
20-06-10, 10:44
Hi, Found it when searching for info on my meds...never looked back!! Been my saviour!!!

Jo.xx

leanne78
20-06-10, 21:32
found this link on another website

Fuzzy_Logic
20-06-10, 21:48
I was told about this site from a member on another forum :)

Delaney
02-09-10, 18:09
Google for me aswell. Just needed somewhere to go for advice & support, and this was the first site I came across, and glad I did.

Take care.

graham58
02-09-10, 20:10
Google, if I remember rightly.

jude uk
03-09-10, 19:05
I was walking towards the M1 and then took a left towards my mates house just to avoid this escaped frog. and suddenly this space ship beamed me up and the aliens "who all looked like Tony Blair" said "no need to panic" which sounded like NO MORE PANIC....
They let me out near Glasgow, which was good as I live there and I went on to google and found this site

Ok i found it on google but the alien story could have been true

KK77
03-09-10, 20:05
I believe you Jude :wacko: You should have turned right though...

I found this site while Googling (I know pffft) for side effects of sertraline (but must admit alien story sounds better).

KATYB
04-09-10, 12:37
Dr Google found it for me when I was googling citalopram side affects!

margaret jones
04-09-10, 12:43
I found it through no panic and what a good job i did

Maggie

~glowly worm~
06-09-10, 08:57
haha! I believed it too, and loved the escape frog bit.. t'was only the aliens that helped me realise ;) Thanks for the giggle Jude UK :)
Me... another googler, searching for ways to recover, typed in OCD panic & anxiety support and voila!

sharon35
06-09-10, 09:27
I cannot really remember it was 2 odd years ago.

PanchoGoz
06-09-10, 11:30
Its the first thing that comes up when you google anxiety really...

Greenman50
21-01-11, 16:47
found it while consulting dr google

wane
21-01-11, 19:31
i thought of typing in anxiety forum i think and this site was listed

Hazel B
21-01-11, 20:45
Looking up "overcoming anxiety" and "side effects of Citalopram and Propranolol".

Finding this site helped me to recovery so much more quickly.

Freesolo
24-01-11, 15:14
found the citalopram survival guide on google and throught that i joined the forum

Dontwanttobeamedsmum
27-01-11, 05:04
I Googled trying to find someone going cold turkey from Citalopram (like me) Lol

xninax
29-01-11, 19:01
i was searching on google for an anxiety forum in the uk and this site came up first :)

lizzypoo
30-01-11, 15:14
i wa searching for help on the net, there is nothing worse than thinking you are the only one who suffers, anyone who wants to help and be a friend please contact

tomspy77
11-02-11, 06:15
Was Googleing around about fear of mice in house and found an older thread on the subject.

Saw th name of the site and thought this might be a good place to go a I have had panic disorder and other related issues for years now and at times need help and support and it also allows me to share what I know and support others as well when they are in that "mode".

sam34
24-02-11, 10:31
i went to a panic meeting and i didnt really talk cause i find it very hard to speak to people face to face so they suggest a forum and here i am

LoriJ
24-02-11, 22:22
My brilliant friend HellyBelly told me about it. I originally met her through No Panic. Thanks to everyone who makes this place possible. You guys are the best. xxxx

Marc2011
24-02-11, 22:42
Google :D

Dove.
25-02-11, 21:36
The brilliant Google

ktg123
28-02-11, 00:00
found this sit by searching my symptoms :D

sjrene
20-10-11, 21:33
How did you find the NoMorePanic site?

Nicola
I googled anxiety, and this site appeared, very glad it did :)

Magic
24-10-11, 19:11
was told about nmp by a person i did not know on a bus. We got to talking and she told me about it. so I looked you up and here I am and thankful for it.

yvonne_uk_98
25-10-11, 00:06
I was fed up with panicking, looked up on google for no more panic, and there was this website at the top of google page 1.

sleeplessingrantham
25-10-11, 02:34
Googled help with anxiety

Cherriuz
25-10-11, 16:34
I was looking for info on starting citalopram on google - which linked me here ad i decided to join :yesyes:

kaz806
26-10-11, 10:08
i was looking for advise on constant headaches and got directed to here i'm hoping it will help me as i need the support

jogPLC
28-10-11, 11:40
Doctor put me on citalopram, I was having a lot of side effects so I googled Citalopram Side Effects and had Psycopoets Citalopram Survival Guide in the top ten hits

william wallace
30-01-12, 17:15
Doctor put me on citalopram, I was having a lot of side effects so I googled Citalopram Side Effects and had Psycopoets Citalopram Survival Guide in the top ten hits

Likewise:)

speckles69uk
30-01-12, 23:24
I googled 'How to cope with and get rid of panic attacks'

cuppycake
30-01-12, 23:34
I think I searched Panic attacks or health anxiety on google :)

Mike.
01-02-12, 15:40

Exactly the same, what a great read that was too :)

morning_blues
01-02-12, 16:26

Yup me too - and what a godsend that was!!

waunder
10-05-12, 08:22
Typed in support for anxiety on Facebook,:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Greenman50
11-05-12, 00:40
I,ve posted before but would like to say it again so others don,t fall into the trap.................i googled my syptoms :weep:and spent weeks on other Noddy sites untill i found this safe heaven and its careing members .

Don,t do DR google guys ask the peeps on here for links / personal advice and your gp its easier in the long run .

:yesyes:

Pat Pending
11-05-12, 12:57
I found this site by googling it. I think it's good for me.

ewood79
11-05-12, 23:30
Typed in support for anxiety on Facebook,:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Be good if there was a Facebook group under no more panic so we could see each other!

dibdabbers
12-05-12, 00:09
I have been suffering from health anxiety sinse i was 16, im now 35. Sometimes its worse than other but ive basically convinced myself like most people on here that ive got every illness known to man. Currently its lymphona. I found this site by chance after i googled anxiety. Its a great resource and helps a lot.

Im not sure my docs realise i have it as at times i have had definate illnessess, appendicitus and salmonella etc. Im thinking of just telling him.

smogie
25-05-12, 22:21
was recommended in a panic help book i bought x

mumof5
28-05-12, 11:05
hi i found this site by just putting in wanted friends,i find that when you suffer with depression your friends stop contacting you after sometime.:mad:.but iv come to the conclusion they was not good friends in the first place :)

Rennie1989
29-05-12, 10:50
It was through a search engine but can't remember which, it was back in 2004

paddypause
31-05-12, 11:11
Hello, I just found this site about half an hour ago. I was searching for information on a full blood count and this came up. Not really what I was looking for but I have issues so it will definitely come in useful
Paddypause

Moppet
31-05-12, 12:53
From Google

darkknight
03-06-12, 07:57
I found this site through google, I typed "Help sites"

mandshere2000
03-06-12, 11:51
Hi
Was given the link from my sister, and
what a absolute godsend this site has been at
Don't feel so lonely any more
Manda

sharonnotts
07-06-12, 20:00
I found this site by general browsing through google, and im really glad i did xx:yesyes:

gungelad
13-06-12, 15:54
Via google search engine and glad I did :)

Hawthorn
13-06-12, 23:33
I googled anxiety breathlessness. It linked me to the incredibly helpful symptoms page (my doctor had told me it was anxiety, but gave no reason for it) plus the myriad of other symptoms I had. It was great to read that page and have a reason for feelign like I was falling apart - without there being any actual physical illness :)

Bluemoonner
01-09-12, 04:17
Found this site through g00gle

Shaneb
01-09-12, 12:47
Just general browsing of the internet, So glad i actually found a site where i can talk to others about this and not feel embarrassed , Mind you, Would be different talking to people face-to-face
BUT i have hope that will get better with the help and advice i can get from this site :-)

Carina
02-09-12, 15:31
I googled whether it was okay to mix citalopram and alcohol and the first result was a post on this forum. :)

PunkyFish
05-09-12, 18:12
I googled anxiety forum. :)

Welshy
13-09-12, 20:05
I googled anxiety forum. :)

Ditto, and didn't want to use an American based forum :blush:

RABHS
16-09-12, 05:05
Hello and greetings to you all. I am so please I have found this site. I have suffered from Panic attcks and depression since the age of nine. Over the years it has come and gone but am now in my early 70s and IT is back. I look forward to getting to know you all. RABHS

andrewhowell
11-10-12, 11:34
I found this site on Google and I vote Google.

Jayjay43
19-10-12, 19:42
I did a one day work shop a few years ago and was trying to find the organisation when I came across your site on google and was glad I did.

ricardo
19-10-12, 20:06
I spent ages looking for a decent site that covered such a wide topic as anxiety,depression and general feeling by others for others.Only been on here a few days,but i find it excellent. One day I will tell my whole story and if anything it might make me feel better and help others as well.

I found several (mainly from across the pond) but their claims were outrageous for anyone who had an incling about this illness and there was always a catch, i.e. "we will refund your money in entirety if not successful". or "take this quick test".

I noted several of these sites were actually all the same but under different names and their references they gave were bogus. We are all vunerable at some time and they prey on it.

Sparkle1984
19-10-12, 20:57
I found this site via Google. I think I found it when I was searching for information about citalopram and anxiety. I found it just a couple of days after I was diagnosed.

Edward_1980
20-10-12, 17:05
Google brought me to this site after days of very bad panic attacks.

B100D
24-10-12, 16:34
I found it today, after searching for advice about medication Ive just been prescribed.
Really glad I found it too, nice (not the best word to use but) to see Iam not the only one that deals with what I do.