PDA

View Full Version : hOW LONG DO MEDS TAKE TO KICK IN

Longie
25-03-05, 21:58
hi all

been on seroxat for 4 wks now, dont feel they are working seem really panicky again

have had them before but dont remember how long it took me to feel better.

is 4 wks alittle to soon to notice a difference/
TAKE CARE jANE

sal
25-03-05, 22:16
Hi Jane

I think there are no set limits to each and every other individual. Mine took about 3 weeks but before they helped i went through hell. Talk to your doctor as maybe a different type of medication might be needed.

But you also say you have been on them before and they obviously helped so give it a few more weeks and see how you feel, if they worked before i am sure they will work again.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

della
25-03-05, 22:18
hi jane

from what i know about seroxat they may take about 4 -5 weeks to kick in keep trying with them.

You will feel the benefit shortly.

take care

della[8D]

Longie
25-03-05, 22:27
thanks sal and della

so fed up of feeling like this, just want to feel abit more normal again.
why is anxiety so draining
take care Jane

sal
25-03-05, 22:31
It is draining isnt it. But if the tablets have worked before, go back to then and remember how you felt better and you know you will get through this. Dont you sometimes feel like someone has cast a life sentence over your head, its so hard.

Feel free to pm me and we can talk whenever you arent feeling to good hon.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

seh1980
25-03-05, 22:48
hi Jane,

I think it depends on the individual. Most meds can take up to a month or more to kick in. Stick with them as I'm sure you will feel the benefits soon.

Sarah :D

sal
26-03-05, 00:02
Jane

Trust me that will come and we will all help you hon.

Love Sal xx

bubbles
26-03-05, 00:53
Jane,

I'm on Sertraline & it took about 2 weeks or so for the side effects to calm down & a while longer before they seemed to be of any benefit. My doc had said it could take around 6 weeks.

If you found these meds helped you before it might be wise to try them for a while longer if you can put up with it.

I hope you start to feel better soon.

Linda.x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Karen
26-03-05, 03:32
Hi Jane

As the others have said it can take 4-6 weeks for medication to kick in.

If after this time you are not feeling any improvement it would be worth discussing it with your doctor again.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.