PDA

View Full Version : Oesophagitis

byronhinson
09-04-08, 19:02
I think I hhave developed Oesophagitis from having Acid Reflux over the weekend - I've got this constant feeling on having something stuck low down in my throat (is this normal) a croaky voice now and again and its also a little sore. Does anyone know how long it tends to last for and if it will just go of its own accord?

AtmoLav
09-04-08, 19:11
Now how did you find out what oesophagitis was?

Sounds like classic anxiety to me mate.

byronhinson
09-04-08, 19:24
Now how did you find out what oesophagitis was?

Sounds like classic anxiety to me mate.

Because its common to get from GERD which I suffer with.

hunny_as
09-04-08, 19:49
i had this for a week i just drunk lots of water all time, and slowly got better

try not to worry

amanda xx

williamsemciw
10-04-08, 04:41
You don't inflame your esophagus in a weekend of heartburn.

Where is the feeling of something stuck? A bit below your adam's apple? Or lower?

williamsemciw
10-04-08, 04:49
To be more percise, does it feel like it's in your throat, or more like it's down in your chest.

byronhinson
10-04-08, 06:31
You don't inflame your esophagus in a weekend of heartburn.

Where is the feeling of something stuck? A bit below your adam's apple? Or lower?

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/lifestyle/healthfitness/health_advice/netdoctor/archive/images/gha__100090000_ghp0003103.jpg

Exactly stuck there - I've had constant acid in my throat and mouth since last friday and it stayed until Monday.

williamsemciw
10-04-08, 14:28
If you've felt the acid in your throat, I'd say by far the most likely exsplanation is LPR.

http://heartburn.about.com/od/gastrictractdisorders/a/whatis_LPR.htm

If you want some peace of mind, see a doctor, he'll proboly up your heartburn medication. But it's relatively harmless.

peach
10-04-08, 14:33
i had this last yr, was awful.

now i have acid reflux....awful too..dry throat? and sore sometimes? feels like burning? i was put on tablets for it when i had the lump thing, took ages, but went away...then went off tablets, and now just constant dry throat, and sometimes the burning feeling...

i read somewhere it can over time lead to throat cancer, but i really hope thats not the case...gives me something else to worry about.