PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone come off cipralex/excitalopram and gone back on them?

louwilliams
09-04-08, 19:51
Hi

I was on 10mg cipralex/escitalopram for just over 5 years. They did work wonders for me but in my opinion they had stopped working for me so with my GP's agreement and permission I slowly weaned myself off them over 6 months-ctting down to 7.5mg for a couple of months, then 5mg for a couple then 2.5mg and then the last couple of weeks or so, I was just taking little nibbles of them then eventually came off them completely.

Ive been off then fully for about 2/3 months now, and to be honest I feel like crap. My PA's are as frequent now as before I went on the cipralex and I really regret coming off them and want to go back on them

The problem is, when I first started taking them, I cant remember whether I had any bad side effects or not from them-and want advice from people who have actually been on thie medication, come off them and gone back on them as I absolutely HATE taking any medications (even vitamins or paracetamol)

Do you think I should go back on them slowly like I took myself off them (i.e nibble a little every day for a month or so and then go up?)

Any advice would be appreciated as my GP has said its up to me but I dont know what to do-I know i feel worse now i'm off them

Thanks

Lou xxx