PDA

View Full Version : Any Help Please - Having Throat Symtoms.

reddevil
09-04-08, 20:00
Hello all..!

Not been on for a while because believe it or not, I have felt better but I have been a little worried since this Monday.

I have been under a little stress of late with work and money etc, but I woke up for this funny feeling in my throat.

When I swallow, it feels weird and sometimes hurts when I look left / right or at times I can feel it without swallowing, even when I take a deep breath at times.
It does not feel sore and it is ok when I eat / drink. I’m worrying that something is growing there but
I’m trying to think positive saying it would not have grown over night?

I thought nothing of it as I thought it was anxiety causing it by the throat tightening etc, which I guess could cause these symtoms but I still have it two days later.
In the past I have had the feeling of that dreaded anxiety ball in the throat but that usually disappears.

Earlier I booked an appointment out of panic but I can not get in until the 29th April 2008.

I would appreciate any help to calm me down and does this sound like anxiety and has anybody experienced anything similar?

Red

scooby28
09-04-08, 20:22
Sometimes when i don't drink water in the night my throat dries out i think and i wake up with a funny throat throat which lasts that day at least, stress and tiredness can cause yor eyes to ache like that.

anxious
09-04-08, 20:47
Hi Red,

as you know with health anxiety, if you dwell on it and are constantly checking symptoms seems to go on and on. Try to ignore it for a few more days, if its going to be a cold/sore throat etc it will get worse. If you stay calm the chances are it will go away of its own accord - there are pages & pages on here of anxiety related throat problems. It sounds like tension to me and the more you think about it the more tense you become and the more aware you are.
give it a little longer and i'm sure it will go,

love anx xx

reddevil
10-04-08, 16:39
My wife got me in to see a doctor this morning.
She looked into my throat and said it looks red, has lots of rubbish and looks like bacteria.
She asked me if I was being sick etc, which I said no.

I left with a weeks course of antibiotics (penicillin) and told to go back in a week if it does not get better but she said it should do.

As the day has gone on, I have noticed how tender my adams apple is to touch and I think that is where the pain is coming from and i can feel it when i yawn etc.

This has started to worry me more as I wish I had told doctor that..

Red

williamsemciw
10-04-08, 19:57
Sounds like strep throat from an infection. I'm sure the antibiotics will fix it right up.

reddevil
11-04-08, 08:34
Regarding the adams apple, as it is in the throat, could this get infected etc as I guess it's all connected?

Red

williamsemciw
12-04-08, 06:46
It's all connected. Strep throat is caused my infections, which can pretty much move where they please.