PDA

View Full Version : Another newbee

Jack M
09-04-08, 20:57
Just dropped in to say Hi !! Have had anxiety for over 14 years. Never knew what was happening to me until a year ago when my wife was talking to friends at work and one of them said it sounded like something of the same problems her mom had. We got to looking into it and sure enough now know what is going on. Dr. gave me a prescription for Atarax to help take the edge off when I feel trapped. Don’t like to take it unless I really need it as it make me sleepy. We are trying to deal with anxiety. Getting better day by day, but is a slow process. We live in Utah and are just coming out of winter, which is a bad time for me, as I am retired and don’t get out much in the winter. Love to work in the yard and ride my Motorcycle. So you can see I’m looking forward to summer here. It’s just around the corner.
Thanks Jack M USA :)

nomorepanic
09-04-08, 21:10
Hi Jack

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

You will get loads of advice and support and meet some fantastic people.

rascal
09-04-08, 21:17
hi jack, from one newbee to another. have you tried eft, emotional freedom technique? its a strange process of tapping different areas of your body,face,chest,fingers etc but it does help. if i have a anxiety attack i can do the tapping on myself which calms me down. im getting better but still find somedays really hard. we are just coming into our spring which makes me feel better, but weather in good old england is rubbish.
keep smiling. rascal:D

Jack M
09-04-08, 21:22
Thanks rascal. Did see something on the TV other day about it. They only showed one spot in chest. Is ther someplace else I can info on it?
Thanks Jack M

rascal
09-04-08, 21:32
just try looking on the internet, i googled eft and foung loads of info about it.you do tap more than one place. above your eye,side of face, under eye,top of lip,chin etc and while your tapping you talk about your fears and what panics you.it really does sound strange but its good cause they teach you how to do it onyourself which is good.

karenb
10-04-08, 08:52
Hi & Welcome Jack,

I am also a Newbie, only been here a few days - the people here are fantastic, always redy with some support or another.

I am going to research this "EFT" as I have never herd of it but it sounds interesting!.

Karen x

Lilith1980
10-04-08, 12:33
Hi Jack

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
10-04-08, 13:06
Hello Jack And Welcome...i Wish Ya Well.........linda

chalky
10-04-08, 18:12
Hi Jack,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
10-04-08, 21:13
Hi Jack and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Joe1981
11-04-08, 04:28
Hi Welcome to the site! :D

PUGLETMUM
11-04-08, 10:01
hi jack M:welcome: to nmp

Emira7
11-04-08, 12:06
Hey Jack

Welcome to NMP. I took atarax because I had Urticaria that would not go! So it helped me with that and sleep!

Anyway - WELCOME

Emira

kellie
11-04-08, 19:24
hiya jack :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice from everyone here and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.

best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
12-04-08, 19:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx