PDA

View Full Version : Well, here we go.

halfwayhome
09-04-08, 22:37
I have been put on 20mg of Cipralex for OCD & anxiety.

Has anyone else with OCD taken this before? Has it helped? And also.. I have heard that weight gain can be a side effect, but does it happen for everyone?

louwilliams
09-04-08, 23:05
I was put on it for GAD and panic attacks-yes I did gain about a stone and a half but I cant say if it was the medication or the food i was eating??? A lot of people say you are hungry on them but they effect everyone differently so I wouldnt read too much into it until your on them and they are in your system which should only take a couple of weeks=keep us posted on how you are getting on wih them as I'm off them now but want to go back on them

Lou xxxxxxx

Dying_Swan
09-04-08, 23:16
Hey :)

Just a quick reply because I'm off to bed! I've been on Citalopram for y'ages. I think Cipralex is Escitalopram? Anyway, it's similar.

SSRI's (like Citalopram, Prozac etc) do often have an effect on weight. I lost 3 stone on it. Some lose and some gain. Don't fret - getting well in your mind far outweighs a bit of weight gain. All of that will go once you are feeling better - I put on most of that 3 stone again!

Good luck

xxx :flowers: