PDA

View Full Version : I'm new too!!

HappyHayley
09-04-08, 22:40
Hello, I am new too. I have suffered with panic attacks and anxiety for nearly fourteen years, gosh is it really that long!! I think this site is brilliant and wish I had found it earlier. I actually found it whilst trying to see about the drug Citalopram. I have been on Propranalol for a long time and although I now get anxiety I feel I can deal with the panic attacks to a certain extent. The doctor has said that I may be better on Citalopram as Propranalol only deal with the symptons rather than your 'head' as she put it. After reading a lot of the reports from this site not sure if I should try and deal with it myself rather than going on the drug. Shall I try adjusting my diet, vitamins, etc much as I did in the early days but over the last few years have allowed to slip. I want my life back and to enjoy it!! :mad: Any Thoughts?

rach****
09-04-08, 22:49
I would say try and make sure you take your vitamins and keep eating regularly to keep your blood sugar levels steady. Make sure you are exercising as well if you can cause that really does help! I have tried the self hypnosis and nothing relaxes me like that does it's fab so worth while doing it. Don't know what to say about the medication really I was on citalopram and didn't have any problems really but then everyone is different really.

bluebell68
09-04-08, 22:56
Hi Hayley.....:welcome: to NMP.... i take both citalopram and proprananol....... just started the citalopram again...anxiety got worse for a few days but now settled down.....still not gone but not worse.. i have taken citalopram before but felt so much better on it i stopped it too soon, so back on it... anyway i found it really helpful last time... anxiety went completely and hope it will again...it has to be your decision tho....everybody has a different experience.
Take Care
Best wishes :hugs:

HappyHayley
10-04-08, 00:15
Thanks for your advise, love this site and chat rooms wish I had found it earlier, like a breath of fresh air!!

xxHonetBeexx
10-04-08, 00:24
Hi happy hayley,

Im new to so "HELLO". 14 yrs is a long time, Can I ask, how has it affected your life? I know some ppl can manage with work, some cant (like me). How care your family with you? Sorry for all the questions & hope I dont upset you?

Loads of love x x

Lilith1980
10-04-08, 12:34
Hi Hayley

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
10-04-08, 13:01
Hello Hayley And Welcome.....i Wish Ya Well........linda

HappyHayley
10-04-08, 14:33
Hi everyone, thanks for messages. Just going to reply to Honetbee. 14 years is a long time I know. How has it affected my life? Well I can probably say that my panic/anxiety has moulded my life I suppose but in some ways I think it has made me the person I am. I had hypnotherapy for two years, cost me a fortune!! In my fourteen years I have re-trained to work in education, got married (had a massive wedding), had a little boy (who is now 8). All the usual stuff. On a day to day I get through. I have good and bad days. Today is particulary good. I think you learn to adapt around you anxiety (something I am trying to get away from). I have made myself a promise that everyday I am going to do something that ordinarily I would shy away from, public transport, driving somebody in my car, supermarkets etc etc. I am determined that the next fourteen years are going to be of my doing and not moulded by anxiety!!

princesszoe20
10-04-08, 16:49
hi im zoe 20 from leeds... just started having panik atacks grrrrrrrrr!!

chalky
10-04-08, 17:47
Hi Hayley,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :yesyes: :hugs: :yesyes:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
10-04-08, 19:31
Hi Hayley

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard.

Hope we can be of some help and support.

Nibbles
10-04-08, 21:20
Hi Hayley and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

HappyHayley
10-04-08, 21:49
Hello everyone again, thanks for the messages. Zoe from Leeds, you will get loads and loads of help from this site. If this had been around when I started with my panic attacks I wouldnt be needing it now I am sure!!

Joe1981
11-04-08, 01:35
Hi Welcome to the site! :D

kellie
11-04-08, 19:25
hiya Hayley :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice from everyone here and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.

best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

trac67
12-04-08, 19:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx