PDA

View Full Version : great opportunity but scared!

sweet_petite
10-04-08, 11:02
Hi,

not posted for a while but been hanging around reading everyones threads. Basically i'm coming to the end of my studies at university and a friend has mentioned the possibility of going to australia on a working holiday visa for a few months. The thought of doing it excites me and fills be with dread in equal measure!

I suffer from panic attacks and as previously mentioned i had to fly home from a holiday because it got so bad. Since then i've been on small trips away, one to ireland over christmas with my bf which was fairly successful. Thing is i don't know if going on such a long haul flight and staying somewhere for so long is a good idea, I don't know if i'm going to be able to cope, especially with a friend that i haven't known for very long, i don't want to have to come home and spoil her time away too. but I don't want to miss out on such a big opportunity, and I feel like its something I should do after uni :S Help!

sarah x

Orion
10-04-08, 20:56
Hi Sarah,

I personally think you should go as its an opportunity that may not come up in the future.Panic attacks can be restrictive but also managed with the correct breathing exercises and techniques.I also think that this person you are going with would not have asked you if they were not a good friend,so I am presuming that they know that you have PA"s.So they would have thought of all scenario"s before asking and they still asked,this tells me that this person will look after you if you have a PA.They must care about you to ask you to go and you must care about them to consider the trip.Australia,Wow.You cannot in my mind not go.Its a chance to see the world before your working life starts(not that uni was not work!).And who knows you may not get the chance again

Orion