PDA

View Full Version : Faith and the role it could play in healing

SickofIt
26-03-05, 13:42
Hi all,
I wasn't sure where to put this topic. I hope it's OK in this forum.

I have mentioned before that I have started going to counseling, specifically, a Christian counselor. I chose this place because I wanted a counselor who would approach things from a perspective of faith and a belief in God.

I have found that a particularly bad time with anxiety/panic sometimes follows a period of spiritual emptiness for me. Sometimes it helps to pray for calming during a bad PA.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if you are a believer, could you share with me how that has impacted your road to healing? I don't want to start a religious debate here -just wanted to hear from other Christians how their faith has played a role in all of this.

Thanks.

seh1980
26-03-05, 14:40
hello there,

I have moved this topic to Misc - thought it would be better there.

Your question is a pretty tough one as everyone is very different when it comes to religion, probably moreso here in the UK than in the US. If you feel that having faith is very important to you and plays a role in helping you overcome your panic attacks, then it is difinitely something that you should keep up. Whatever feels best for you is what you should do..

Sarah :D

nomorepanic
26-03-05, 19:27
Hi Sickofit

I am not very religious to be honest but I have my own idea of a God being there and I do sometimes ask that God to help me through things.

I used to go to a spiritualist church every week and loved faith healing - it was so relaxing.

I think that whatever helps you and whatever works is good enough and if you find that your faith helps then I say stick at it and take comfort from it.

Nicola