PDA

View Full Version : Hi There

diamonds
11-04-08, 15:57
Hi peeps,

just thought id say hi. im Rob im nearly 27 and i have been suffering panic attacks now properly for the past 2/3yrs. i had small bouts of them when i was 13/14 and when i was 18.

I now suffer agoraphobia i can get to some places but not far at all and sometimes i can alone do a 5min walk away from home. i havent driven for a very long time and i no longer work due to the problems i have.

the situation gets me down sometimes i feel whats the point i cant win BUT im looking to sort this now i keep getting that feeling of right let win this war as i have lost countless battles against it. i NEED to beat this problem as life is too short anyway damn if im gonna let it take anymore years of my life.

anyway happy positive thoughts i hope you all are doing well and facing and beating your fears i look forward to saying hi and chatting

take care

Rob

belle
11-04-08, 16:17
Hi Rob and welcome.

I'm sure here you'll get lots of support. There are many agoraphobia sufferers here, including myself :)

x

karenb
11-04-08, 16:26
Hi Rob,

Welcome to NMP - These are a fantastic lot and will help and support you all the way.

Good luck.

Karen x

Lilith1980
11-04-08, 16:29
Hi Rob

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

diamonds
11-04-08, 16:31
thanks for the welcome :D

how do i put up a custom avatar?

marie1974
11-04-08, 17:13
hi and welcome i am fairly new on here too and i have found loads of helpful bits of advice, so many people face different problems and we all feel we are alone but we r not :hugs: donna

chalky
11-04-08, 17:15
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

thevoicewithinme
11-04-08, 18:45
Hi Rob,

I too am agrophobic. You seem to have the right attitude saying that you are gonna beat it, which is how I am trying to be right now.

Good luck and welcome to the site :-)

kellie
11-04-08, 19:30
hiya Rob :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice from everyone here and make some great friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.

best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
11-04-08, 20:46
Hi Rob

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

This thread may help answer some of you questions - and about the avatar.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19889

Hope we can be of some help

Nibbles
11-04-08, 22:05
Hi Rob and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Southern_Belle
11-04-08, 23:39
Hi Rob,

Welcome to the site. You will find that there are many here who feel exactly like you do and you will get support.

Hugs,

Laura

Joe1981
12-04-08, 06:32
Welcome to the site! :D

Lindalou64
12-04-08, 14:18
Hello Rob And Welcome........i Wish Ya Well.......linda

trac67
12-04-08, 18:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

diamonds
12-04-08, 21:00
thank you guys for the welcome its really nice :D

KittyLittle
13-04-08, 01:38
Hi Rob

I know what you are saying about the driving thing, I had a massive bout of depression a few years back now and convinced myself that I couldn't/shouldn't drive at the time. However somehow you do at some point think drat I'm gonna give it ago even if its only round the corner or up to the end of the road.

I don't know about you but I normally enjoy driving and it gives me a great sense of freedom and feeling good. I remember when I first passed my test and how chuffed I was with the achievement and how much I enjoyed revelling in my new found freedom!

I also recall times since I have been well when my husband had my car or its been in the garage and I have felt totally trapped! Being able to drive can be a release even if you just take a short little journey just to say 'I can do it'. Someone else on here also advised trying little drives at night when no else is around and the roads are quiet.

Best wishes