PDA

View Full Version : Midlands meet-up FINAL call

nomorepanic
11-04-08, 21:30
I am starting a new thread as the other one is 18 pages long and I am sure people are totally lost with it!

Just to confirm ...

Sunday 13th April

Long Eaton ART ROOM
Unit 11 Harrington Mills
Long Eaton
Nottingham
NG10 4QE

Time: 11am -3pm

Tomorrow night - Saturday 12th - some of us are meeting for a meal at a restaurant so if you want to come along then please PM Meg as she booked the table. The venue is ....

http://jasminegarden.co.uk/component/option,com_contact/Itemid,3/

Eating at 7.45pm

See you all on Sunday!!! Look forward to it.

Meg
11-04-08, 22:41
I have Private Messaged Nic's message above to all those who I think are coming to the meet up on on Sunday and have added in a Mobile Phone number in case anyone needs to call us on on Sunday am.

We're very much looking forward to meeting many members for the first time as well as putting faces to familiar names for others and seeing old friends again.

We wish you all a safe and stress free journey. See you there.

kazzie
11-04-08, 22:46
Have fun Gang:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Dont forget the piccies:yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

Piglet
11-04-08, 22:50
Have a lovely time everyone and give Meg and Jess a hug from me!!! :hugs:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Karen
12-04-08, 04:51
I wanted so much to make it but I am too ashamed to come now I'm this fat :blush:

I'll miss seeing you all again :sad:

Karen xx

honeybee3939
12-04-08, 08:18
Aww Karen

Its a real shame you wont go to the meet-up, im sure meeting friends will give you a real boost.:hugs: I would have liked to have attented too but hubby as a fishing match:lac: .

Hope somehow you will have a change of mind Karen and i hope all those that make it have a lovely time.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

Pickle
12-04-08, 08:23
Have a great time everyone, don't forget to take loads of photos

Have fun

bluesparkle
12-04-08, 10:22
i am not able to have the time off work...
i have left it till last minute as ive been trying to swap my shift.
i was on such a high after the last meet i went to.
i really do hope to meet you all soon...
i hope you have a fantastic day...
and anyone that is feeling nervous dont be... you will be in safe and friendly hands
i am sooooooooo jealous and hope to go to the next meet
rach
x

sheba2
12-04-08, 21:38
Really looking forward to it. Karen I'm really fat too and know how this can seem like a good reason for not doing things. I'm going in spite of being fat and I'm bringing Scones with clotted cream and jam to help us on our way. I really hope you can join us.

There seems to be a lot of people who can't make it now which is such a shame. Hopefully we will get another opportunity soon.

Meg
12-04-08, 23:31
We're just back from meeting up with pink_daisey and husband and Nic and Alex.

Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

Bring on the scones - Yum

We've got cake, 48 baps- tuna and egg Mayo , tea/coffee and cordials.

Karen
12-04-08, 23:32
I hope you all have a lovely time.

Karen xx

Meg
13-04-08, 17:07
Thank you to everyone who made such an effort to come to join us, especially Wolfie who came all the way from Scotland. It was lovely to meet you all.
It was good to hear so much laughter round the room.

I counted 26 people in the room at one point. Happyfeet, Gary, Flinty, Lottie, Trev and Janice, Meg, Sarah, Richard and Ellis, Nic, Alex, Pink Daisey and Graham, Dying Swan, Wolfie, Julie, Leo05, cheeky monkey, sheba2, Peter and Helen, Kellie, Jimmy and Michael.

I hope everyone enjoyed the paint-a-pot activity as well as meeting up. I will be in touch when your pots are all glazed and fired and ready to send out.

Take care and hope you all had a easy journey home.

domino
13-04-08, 17:15
Hi guys , Hope your day enjoyable, mine on the other hand was hectic ,should have come along less stressful lol, :wacko:Saw some right naff places, but it has left us booking 2 second veiwings next week. just hope they except an offer on them.:bighug1: to all .
lorraine x

Trev
13-04-08, 17:31
Many thanks to Meg and Happyfeet for arranging such a fun and well organised event.
Also big thanks to Mary for letting us have use of such a fab facility and for being so enthusiastic.
Great to meet new and old friends on the day.
Hope everyone had a safe trip home.
Cheers,
Trev

flinty90
13-04-08, 17:34
yeah thanks to the organisers , was great to meet all that went had a great weekend, hope you all had a safe journey home and wolfie good on ya for travelling all that way , you are a great bunch , but i must say my VW Beetle was the best by far lol... jk xxxx

sheba2
13-04-08, 19:12
Hi all.

home safe and sound. Had a great time thanks to meg and all. I'm really glad I made the effort and didn't chicken out. Loved the venue, would quite like to live there and just 'potter' trying out all the different activities.

Glad you all liked the scones. Take care.

Dying_Swan
13-04-08, 19:41
Awwww

Thanks to everyone who organised it and came along :hugs:

I know some people must have been really nervous, but it certainly looked as though everyone was enjoying themselves - I thoroughly enjoyed painting my bowl :D

Still trying to recover from a nasty bout of hangoveritis, after a chilly but fun night with Julie, Flinty, Runningman, Pink-Daisey and Graham (not to mention the Novotel RottWeiler Convention).

Thanks again folks

xxx :flowers:

honeybee3939
13-04-08, 20:03
Awww lovely to hear you all have had a great time:yesyes:

Love
Andrea
xxxx

Piglet
13-04-08, 20:05
Nice one!! :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

Lottie32
13-04-08, 20:13
Most of you won't have a clue who I am, but I am probably one of Nic's longest recruits lol! Happily, I don't come on the site very often, as between the site, support I received from the people on it, and Nic and Meg, I am pretty much cured!

That doesn't mean I don't care, just that I am now brave, and am generally out doing, and therefore don't get much time to log on and chat about what I'd like to do, as I'm out doing!

That said, it was really great to meet everybody today. Nic looked so much better (delete/edit what you want Nic!). Our very first NMP meeting was at Meg's and consisted of four members (including Meg), and we all sat on the edge of Meg's sofa, sweating, and generally ca**ing it.

Today had a really great atmosphere, and although I'm now pretty much there, it really made a difference to me - I'm starting a brand new job tomorrow, and although I'm looking forward to it, I'm still anxious and feel pretty "wired".

Going to paint a pot, actually concentrating on doing something, has helped me to relax so much more than sitting at home, trying to find "jobs" to do, to occupy myself till bed time. (Hopefully the G&T will help lol!)

So thanks everybody for a nice day, and hope to meet up again soon at Alton Towers (see separate post)

weeble40
13-04-08, 20:13
Im so glad you all had a good time, my apologies again for my absence wont happen next time

Emma xxx

bottleblond
13-04-08, 21:21
LMFAO Swanny!!

Hangoveritus???? nowt about that in me medical book! are you sure that's just not your anxiety talking? :biggrin: Lol!!! Awwwwwww i'm soooo glad you all had a good time. :yahoo:

I'm so jelous coz i would love to meet you all!! Hey maybe one day eh?

Loads of love to you all and well done!!

Loads of love

Lisa
xxxxxxxxx

SarahSRE
13-04-08, 21:56
Hi everyone

We also had a great time today so thanks to Meg and Jess and Charlie for organising and to everyone who turned up. Really lovely to meet everyone.

My little boy thought it was great too so that's always a bonus when the kids are happy. What a great venue, we are going to go back there, they do a fantastic job and Mary is so good with people.

Love to all.

Sarah, Rich and Ellis x

nomorepanic
13-04-08, 22:34
Sorry I am late in replying :blush:

I was trying to post and say all the pics are up but I have to resize them all and I am tired due to lack of sleep last night (Alex had the cheek to breathe and kept me awake) :weep:

We had a long slow journey home - over 2 hours!

I just want to say that it was lovely to meet you all today - old friends and new.

Trev, Charlie, Meg, Gary, Jess, Janice, Leo05 - lovely to see you all again

Swan, Julie, Sheba, Sarah, Kellie, Jimmy, Flinty, Pink Daisey, Wolfie, Cheeky Monkey, Sheba2 - glad to have put faces to names at last and thanks for coming.

Thank you all so much for the lovely plant and bath bombs (I was about to eat them thinking they were sweets till Meg told me :ohmy: :ohmy: ) - it was much appreciated and thanks also to Meg for the lovely cake (pics to come soon).

I am just waiting to see how bad my painted trinket pot comes out now:D

Alex did a unique NMP mug so that will sell for millions:yesyes:

Seriously though we had a fantastic day and thanks to every one that bought food and especially the home-made scones from sheba (yum) :yesyes:

We had plenty to eat and drink so thanks to all those that contributed and also took away a goodie-bag

I think it was a great day cos we were all distracted and did our own designs - some very artistic ones. Gary had to be the last to finish his very very special bike :whistles: :whistles:

So once again thanks for the gift from you all - much appreciated and see you all again soon at another meet-up:bighug1:

nomorepanic
13-04-08, 22:38
Most of you won't have a clue who I am, but I am probably one of Nic's longest recruits lol! Happily, I don't come on the site very often, as between the site, support I received from the people on it, and Nic and Meg, I am pretty much cured!

Charlie - it was lovely to see you again today - you are as funny as ever - don't ever lose that sense of humour :yesyes:

You have come so far and still come back to support us so thanks :bighug1:

Alex
13-04-08, 23:03
I was trying to post and say all the pics are up but I have to resize them all and I am tired due to lack of sleep last night (Alex had the cheek to breathe and kept me awake) :weep:

I did offer to stop breathing :-)

Alex

Alex
13-04-08, 23:12
The best 'pot' has to goto Gary's ver femanine motorbike :D :D

Just you wait for the pictures :D :D :D

Alex

Alex
13-04-08, 23:14
Charlie - it was lovely to see you again today - you are as funny as ever - don't ever lose that sense of humour :yesyes:

You have come so far and still come back to support us so thanks :bighug1:

What Nic said :D :D :D

Alex

kazzie
13-04-08, 23:22
Hi Gang:hugs:

Im sooooo chuffed it went well and you all enjoyed it:yesyes:

I was thinking about you all today:hugs:

Well done all and a big :hugs: to the organisers

Sadly I could not do it in a day and couldent get a pet sitter:mad:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

kellie
14-04-08, 07:53
thank you to all the ppl who sorted the meet out. me and hubbie (jimmy1969) had a lovely time :yesyes: . it was so nice to meet everyone, and im realy looking forward to the next one.
love and hugs to you all.
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxx

JulieAs45
14-04-08, 09:07
Thanks for a fantastic day everyone :hugs::yesyes:

I had a great time and laughed so much (mostly at Flinty's painting skill which to be honest was pants, but bless him he tried! :doh: ) Flinty you are a legend every time I look at a pork pie I will think of you! :winks:

Was great to finally meet up with the people I probably talk to every day and who have supported me so much.

Big hugs for Swan for driving me there and putting up with me for a whole weekend! Love ya loads, was a roadtrip to remember Thelma! I'm still so hungover tho! :wacko:

Well done Pink Daisey you did great hun! Was fun having a party in your car lol, I wont charge you for the bowl you dropped or the glass you pinched :lac:

Wanted to just say a special well done and give a massive hug to Wolfie who did amazing to come all the way from Scotland. Was great to see you Wolfie you are just how I imagined you would be, sweet as anything!:hugs: An extra hug for remembering the cabbage lol the bow was a nice touch !:hugs:

Well done to all the people who organised it and to all the people who turned up, it was a great success :yesyes:

Can't wait for the next one!!!! :yahoo:

Julie
:flowers:

Paddington
14-04-08, 13:46
Oh I AM SO GLad you all had a wonderful day folks:yesyes: Cant wait to see the pics..and lottie what an inspiring post hun:flowers: gunna check out the alton towers meet up now..hope it is not on someones birthday again!!:ohmy: ..love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

nomorepanic
14-04-08, 22:12
Pics now added to the gallery - phew!

domino
14-04-08, 22:28
wonderful pics nic.

Lilith1980
14-04-08, 23:07
Great pics - how did Wolfie manage to come out looking so innocent in them though! :shrug: :roflmao:

Jo xxxxx

Dying_Swan
14-04-08, 23:15
Oh Wolfie did a great job of looking innocent. The cabbage just gave the game away though....

Wolfie - well done matey :hugs:I have the bow in my car, it looks marvellous on the dashboard.

Just wanted to add a big thanks to Domino. I'm really sorry you couldn't make it, but thank you so much for all your hard work in getting it organised :hugs:

xxx :flowers:

happyfeet
14-04-08, 23:42
Id like to say ThankYou to everyone who made the effort and left there comfort zones for this meeting.

l hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

ld like to say a big Thankyou to my friend Mary who's Artroom we used, Thankyou for helping me orgainise the event along with Meg and for giving us the room for free and for letting us have the pots at a cut price.

Thankyou to Meg for all her help and encouragement, and to lottie32 for helping prepare food.

And a massive Thanks to NMP for being a great site :)

jess

leo05
15-04-08, 01:12
soz soz i am late in replying just well we only got bk home tonight lol yeah we kinda stayed from sat to mon had a fab time, sorry sorry to thoughs that i didnt talk to much was kinda well ya know me im so quite lol susie also had a fantastic time so thanks again - was her first meet up

was great to meet ya all hope to meet you all again soon

hugs n love

and thanks for all that made the arrangements and to you all for making us feel welcome.

hugs n love

lea xx

Oceanblue
15-04-08, 04:17
Awwww,.. the photo's are brill ! Sounds like you all had an excellent time.

Think you all did a great job !!!:). xx

honeybee3939
15-04-08, 10:25
Great Pics:yesyes: :yesyes:

its so nice to be able to put names to faces, glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Love
Andrea
xxxxx

flinty90
26-04-08, 10:00
can i just say thanks to everyone that sorted out the postage of my painted Beetle from the art meet up we did, my car has arrived this morning safely and looks better than i expected it too .

thank you all i love it lol.......
xx
Now to start collecting my pennies in it hehe