PDA

View Full Version : sleep in the Day, awake at night, help?

twinkletoes
11-04-08, 21:55
Hi everyone,

I've always been late to bed, but over the last three years ago my sleep pattern is terrible. I'm pacing about for the first half of the night bored and lonely. Now that the sunnier days are coming I really want to be out of bed before one pm and see some daylight!!!

I find that I am tired around one or two in the morning, I get in bed, but soon afterwards I have to get up again because I'm suddenly wide awake. I really hate going to bed, it's so boring lying there when I'm just not remotely sleepy. Sometimes I toss and turn until dawn. It's a really unsociable time to be up and about, then the next day I'm missing the whole morning and some of the afternoon too.

I sleep through my two alarm clocks and don't hear them right beside me!

I really want to beat my anxiety, and this is not helping matters one iota.

At my wits end with it. Anyone got some sensible workable suggestions please?

Many thanks :blush:

seeker
13-04-08, 00:01
When this happened to me, I went to the docs and they gave me a week long couse of sleeping pills, to get me back into a normal sleeping pattern. I found it worked. That, and going back to work also helps as you have to be up in the morning! in the holidays, I find myself gradually becoming a night owl once more! Have you tried herbal remedies/milky drinks and meditationg/deep relaxation. I also used to find 'relieving' myself (ahem) worked!

twinkletoes
13-04-08, 00:11
Hi seeker,

I'd love to try meditation but don't know how or where to begin with it. Going back to work would definitely force you out of bed in the mornings, not possible just now for me. Ironically this is another reason to want to get up earlier, to have a good routine in preparation for when that day comes.

Thanks so much for answering my post :-)

Tarsh
14-04-08, 08:28
Hi there

I was like this for a while also, I was almost scared to go to bed in the end as I knew I would just lie there awake with my thoughts and not sleep. I too was given sleeping tablets by my doctor which helped but I only took them for a few nights.

Try making bed a nice place to be, watch a DVD and feel comfortable there or listen to some music......

Also try to make yourself get up before ten in the morning, I know how hard it is though.....

I find with my panic symptoms now I look forward to going to bed to sleep as that is where I get some relief.

Good luck!

Tarsh x