View Full Version : Throat Cancer

rickloader
12-04-08, 11:29
So scared of this been feeling like i cant swallow and hurts when i swallow:(

Any ideas what it could be?

bottleblond
12-04-08, 15:22
Hi Rick,

Please don't take this the wrong way hun but i think you are focusing too much on your throat. This will make your muscles tighter and cause all sorts of aches and pains. Try to distract your thoughs from Throat cancer because the chances of you having it are probably about zero.

Please try to relax hun

Lisa
xxx

hazey-babe
12-04-08, 16:53
Hi Rick, :hugs:

I say the same as above as when you start to think of something it gets worse and worse. I used to do this a lot. Then my psychologist explained this to me. He said to me to try and not think about a pink elephant and the more I tried not to think of it the more I did. So just focus on something else and distract yourself then the feelings should go.

Take care :yesyes:

Hazel x:hugs:

williamsemciw
12-04-08, 18:06
I'm starting to find fear of throat cancer is a rather common fear.

Anyway, there are dozens of other things it could be. Difficulty swollowing is the number one complaint ear and throat doctors adress, and 90% of the time it's nothing but a tightening of one mussle or another.

Anyway, you should make an apointment with a GP, for ease of mind and to rule out anything worse. But relax, it's nothing serious.

honeybee3939
12-04-08, 18:19
Hi Rick

A couple of weeks ago i had a blip where my anxiety seemed to be returning after quite a long spell of been anxiety free.:)

When i have been ill in the past with anxiety its always been the dizzyness that as effected me, but this time ohhh my i had the palps and like you the horrid throat symptons which i have never had before :) ! I can truely understand you worrys as i was just the same, i felt like i couldnt swallow and everything i ate seemed to get stuck in my throat, my throat was real sore too.

The last week i have been feeling much better and geuss what? all the symptoms have gone, i feel alot more relaxed than as late too.

Im sure the others are right in what they say its all anxiety thats causing the symptoms and im sure its nothing to worry about.

Maybe a visit to your gp would help too to put your mind at ease.

Hope things improve for you soon hun:hugs:

Andrea
xxxxx

minihaha
12-04-08, 23:30
i often worry about oral cancer and when my anxiety is at its worse the first thing to go haywire is my ability to swallow. The minute the panic starts my first response is omg i cant swallow..........then my heart starts racing and my breathing gets out of control. I used to try and eat something just to test my swallowing function !! swallowing is a natural reflex, one we do numerous times without thinking about it throughout the day - bit like blinking i guess.....a huge sympton of my panics are a dry mouth and i think its this that brings on the worry over swallowing.

I am sure all is well with you and as another poster said the chances of you having any serious health issue are minimal but a wee word with your gp will prob help with your worries xxxxxxxxxx

rickloader
13-04-08, 08:32
Thank you all for your kind words :) Made me feel alot better :)

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: