PDA

View Full Version : my story

ali2fly
17-11-03, 22:37
:(hello. not any good on pc, but please stick with me. i have been a flight attendant for 6 years and worked in travel before then, until one day i was in NY (4 months ago) when the fear hit me so badly that i could not remember what i was there for.. the disorientation was so disabling that, although i can remember working the flight home to u.k , i dont know how i pulled it off. i felt i was going mad and was frightened i would do something dangerous or stupid. the only reason i boarded the aircraft was i was more afraid of being left (mad) or alone in NY. i havent worked since. fear of the fear.want desperatly to go back to work, but as well as the rest of the symptoms, i shake badly. anyone out there have any ideas?[?]

hello. am suffering very bad anxiety. cant work.used to have job in travel, now not to happy to leave the house. for no apparent reason.

Meg
17-11-03, 23:23
Hi Ali,

Welcome to the site. There's lots of information already posted so do have a hunt around. Use the search facility at the top of the page.

All you've described is so familiar .
Regarding the shaking - exercise and exercise.
Then learn to really relax deeply - a massage or relaxation tape that you're familar with , then exercise some more then relax again....

It's just pent up energy with nowhere to go. Give it an outlet and it'll be gone.

Do post and let us know how you are and bring any more questions.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

nomorepanic
18-11-03, 20:21
Hi Ali

Welcome to the board. Which ariline do you work for? I work for Britannia Airways at Luton airport. I do not fly though, I am on the ground (firmly) and look after the computer systems.

How long are you signed off work for?

Nicola