PDA

View Full Version : Have booked it

nycworrier
13-04-08, 17:13
Afternoon all,I posted this morning about my predicament with going abroad and how I make it into such an ordeal that it stops me from going away.

Anyway we have booked the holiday anyway,I cant go on through my life feeling racked with guilt about holding my partner back,we are BOTH entitled to a life.He has been so supportive over the years with my panicking ect..the least I can do is make sure we both have a good quality of life.I just have to deal with my issues head on and muddle through them.

Paphos here we come (silent yay)

Vicky:scared15:

honeybee3939
13-04-08, 19:04
Hi Vicky

Good on you hun for booking the holiday:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

I just love to hear of people that just take the plunge and not let the anxiety win. ya see you are stronger than you think:yesyes: WELL DONE and have a fab time :yesyes: :yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Pickle
13-04-08, 19:09
Go Vicky, Go Vicky :yesyes: - Well done for booking the holiday, now it's time to hit those shops for your holiday gear.

:bighug1:

popsy
13-04-08, 19:24
Well done!!!!! ive got the same thing coming up in August which ive booked for 'the family' as i dont want my problems to stop them having fun, im very worried about it but im just gonna have to 'take the plunge' too - go us!!!!
EEEEEKKKKK!!!!

PUGLETMUM
13-04-08, 19:26
:yesyes: well done guys!!! this is the spirit!!!!!have lots and lots of fun and give this anx crap a kick up the jacksy:yesyes:

nycworrier
13-04-08, 20:02
Thankyou so much for your support,it means alot.This board has helped me so much to see that:
1.I am not wierd

2.I am not losing my mind

3.That there are so many people who have the same fears/feelings as me.

4.That the kindness of strangers is best support of all.

Vicky xxxxx

PUGLETMUM
14-04-08, 09:25
:yesyes: im really glad you feel like that vicky, and we are all here all the time to help you get to where you want to be - hopefully youll do it alone, but if not you know youve always got the support of nmp:yesyes: :hugs: take care, emma:flowers:

karenb
14-04-08, 09:29
Hi there,

I am having the same problem. Should have gone to Mexico in Jan, but we cancelled it because of me. NoW we have got another holiday booked for 3 weeks time. I AM NOT GONNA TO LET THIS BEAT ME!!! i AM GOING TO HAVE A FANTASTIC TIME I am determined to do this as my husband has been soooooo supportive and it is the least I can do.

Karen x

PUGLETMUM
14-04-08, 09:30
:yesyes: that is brilliant karen, you can do this!:yesyes: :hugs:

karenb
14-04-08, 09:38
God I hope so!!! I am not very good in restaurants etc., just hoping that I wont spoil hubby's holiday.. (actually managed to go into Burger King yesterday so that's a plus!!) Thanx for your support

Karen x

PUGLETMUM
14-04-08, 11:13
:yesyes: you wont spoil the hol karen, its a very brave, kind thing your doing, so be kind to yourself too:hugs:

neptuno
14-04-08, 19:19
I realised a while ago that its only the way we THINK that brings on panic. If you can sit at home watching tele totally panic free you can lie on a sunbed in Paphos or Mexico and be equally panic free. Its that sneaky negative thinking that gets in the way - but only if we let it. Try to say "stop" out loud if necessary and remind yourself you are in no danger and you can be calm and relaxed (preferably with a cool drink in your hand). Laugh at panic , that little b***** has been fooling us for far too long !
Be kind to yourself

nycworrier
14-04-08, 21:17
I love you people you are the best!

For this I thankyou more than I can say!

Vicky
xxxxx:yesyes: