PDA

View Full Version : Ta dah!

Gabby
13-04-08, 18:58
hiya

just wanted to be v self indulgent and tell you all how great I am :D

v briefly, my pa's started off being linked to travelling and esp motorways, trains and tubes.

WELL! last weekend I went to the Lake District with my partner and my daughter - a 6 and a half hour drive from London all on motorways and then stayed in a place on the Solway Coast, basically in the middle of nowhere (usually guaranteed to freak me out) and I was absolutely fine!!! yeay me!!

Had plenty of feelings of panic rising on the way there but kept telling myself that it was EXCITEMENT not nerves! and that it was just adrenaline and my body thinking i was gonna have an arm or leg chopped off and that was SOO not gonna happen so I'll be fine!

AND (yes, there's more!) yesterday I went into London on the train with my partner and daughter and and actually did 3 whole tube journies, including the one that kicked all my panic off 10 years ago!!!! woohoo!! woohoo!! woohoo!!:yahoo:

So just wanted to let you all know that THERE IS HOPE!!! lol I couldnt have dreamed of doing any of that 18 months ago but ive been gradually pushing myself and its been getting better and better. And now Ive done the journey to the Lakes, I feel able to go to my sister's wedding in a couple of weeks time (in Scotland) and things like getting the train for a half hour journey into town feel so teeny teeny tiny

Love ya's all!!

G

PS: W.I.F.T.S. :bighug1: couldnt have done it without you hun! xx

Pickle
13-04-08, 19:04
A HUGE well done Gabby, you've done brilliantly. Let us know how your sisters wedding goes because I've no doubt you will be there :hugs:

Well done :hugs:

x

honeybee3939
13-04-08, 19:07
Hi Gabby

Wow thats brill, WELL DONE !!!:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Sounds like you have learnt how to cope when the anxiety rises, driving all that way is a achievement in its self:yesyes: .

Proud of you, keep up the good work:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

PUGLETMUM
13-04-08, 19:24
:yesyes: way to go gabby!!!!!!!!!!!:yesyes:

Lilith1980
13-04-08, 20:27
Hey Gabby that's fantastic news honey, you faced your fears and kicked their butts!! :D

Well done hun :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

erialc
13-04-08, 20:33
Well Done Hun

:yesyes::yahoo:

C xx

Gabby
29-04-08, 13:59
Hi All

I made it to my sister's wedding in Scotland!

It was a horrid journey and I cried most of the way there and kept telling my bf I wanted to come home. After about 6 hours (with 2 hours still to go) i called my sis and said I didnt think I could do it and she was so understanding and kept me chatting for a bit (even tho the hairdresser was with her setting her hair!) and I eventually calmed down enough to keep going. The fact that my daughter kept throwing up (car sick!) kept me occupied from then on too.

I made it thru the ceremony as maid of honour and did all the photos etc but had to give in a bit at the dinner - just couldnt face sitting in front of all that food when the thought of eating anything made me want to be sick. So i retired to my room for most of the rest of the evening.

Still proud that I did it tho :) Now Im wondering where to go next - I might actually be able to have a proper holiday!

G

PUGLETMUM
29-04-08, 15:04
:yesyes: :hugs: this is such good news gabby - WELL DONE YOU !!!!! i think things mean even more when it has been soooo hard to acheive, the fact that you really struggled but still went is the best bit, because it shows you will no longer let anxiety - no matter how bad it is - stop you from LIVING!!!! keep it up and i hope you have a lovely time wherever you decide to go next:yesyes:

karenb
29-04-08, 16:56
Well Done to you!!

I am also taking things slowly amd achieving things bit by bit. Going on holiday aboard next week, part of me excited about going as I used to enjoy holidays so much. It will be a big achievement for me. If I manage it all ok I can face the rest of the world!!
:yesyes:

Pickle
29-04-08, 17:07
:yahoo: WELL DONE Gabby, you did it :yahoo:

There's no stopping you now lol :bighug1:
Karen, have a great holiday and don't forget to take loads of photos to remind you how well you do

x

Lindalou64
30-04-08, 01:38
Thats Great Gabby Good For You Hun....keep Up The Good Work And Go For That Proper Holiday..........linda Xxx

whitbywitchuk
02-05-08, 03:21
I think that is wonderful, a great achievment, long may you carry on getting better hun x