PDA

View Full Version : Scared I'm going crazy!

AnxiousAllTheTime
14-04-08, 03:13
I feel like I'm losing control of my mind! I have panic disorder and OCD! I sometimes get derealization and depersonalization! I just feel like I'm losing control! Can anyone else relate? How do you cope? I can't use meds right now b/c my husband and I are trying to get pregnant! Any input would be appreciated :)

minihaha
14-04-08, 22:48
hi there, you have pretty much described the way i feel at the moment - and coincidentally we are also trying to have a baby - have been for over 7 years now - this is a huge factor in my anxiety and my ability to cope in general.

Are you stressed at all about becoming pregnant? as this will be impacting on your day to day life and stress levels.

Best of luck on both counts xxxxxxxxxxx

AnxiousAllTheTime
14-04-08, 23:55
hi there, you have pretty much described the way i feel at the moment - and coincidentally we are also trying to have a baby - have been for over 7 years now - this is a huge factor in my anxiety and my ability to cope in general.

Are you stressed at all about becoming pregnant? as this will be impacting on your day to day life and stress levels.

Best of luck on both counts xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello! I first must say I'm sooo glad I'm not alone! :hugs: Yes I stress about ttc :( I've gotten alot better about it this cycle though! I worry about worrying! lol If that makes sense? :blush: I'm sorry your having a rough go of it hon! Hang in there! You can PM me anytime to talk! HUGS:hugs:

SueBee
15-04-08, 00:03
Hi, so sorry you're having a tough time. I know how it feels to think you're gonna lose control when you're in the middle of a PA ....... you wont, trust me. you need to learn to breath correctly because you're probably hyperventilating and your brain isnt getting the right mix of oxygen/co2. there are loads of tips if you look at the titles on the left ......... its helped me no end ...... hope you feel better soon sweetie and good luck with trying for a baby :hugs:

AnxiousAllTheTime
15-04-08, 00:20
:hugs: Thanks Sue

I do practice deep breathing techniques and I think it helps to an extent :) Thanks again for the well wishes :D

anxious ali
15-04-08, 00:23
hi , please do not think you are going crazy, all it is a feeling thats heightened due to panic it rises and then subsides again...i now its really difficult to do but if you could try and accept the feeling knowing its impossible to go crazy, but its just a form of panic and let it go....worst thing we can do is fight it because it just fights back and fights back stronger. I try to ignore it and give it no attention like its a naughty kid and then before i know it its passed...its really difficult to do i know but you can do it...and keep thinking posotive posotive...and i promise you will get there

Dying_Swan
15-04-08, 00:30
Hello :)

First off, you aren't going crazy. Derealization/Depersonalisation (do you mind if I call them DR/DP?!) are really common symptoms of anxiety. I probably find it the hardest symptom to deal with it, and I'm not sure that there is any quick fix I'm afraid.

It sounds as though you have a lot of stress in your life right now, which definitely won't be helping with either the anxiety or the conception, and I suppose that is a bit of a vicious circle. Is there anyone (e.g. therapist) you could talk to about all these things?

You are right to be cautious about taking drugs whilst pregnant/trying to conceive. Generally though, doctors will weigh up the benefits of giving you drugs against potential harm to the baby. Lots of people do have babies whilst on Prozac for example, but there are some risks. I would talk to your Doctor about all of that, who will be able to advise you on what is best for you and your situation.

It might help you to learn some deep relaxation exercises, and this is good for your body as well as your mind :) There are loads of good CD's, books and MP3's around.

Definitely work on your breathing, as that does help with the old DR/DP problem. That just lessens when you are less anxious. When I feel like that, I just try hard not to think about how I'm feeling, and concentrate on what is going on around me. Distraction is often a good short-term way of dealing with anxiety.

Take care and good luck with it all!

xxx :flowers: