PDA

View Full Version : A big hello to everyone

mariad
14-04-08, 14:19
Hi all,
just thought I would introduce myself, although I have used this site for quite a while and have found it really helpful, this is the first time I have plucked up the courage to post about myself. I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks off and on for over twenty years now, it seems I have a good couple of years and then it rears it's ugly head again. The last episode happened before xmas and is affecting the whole of my life, I had to leave my job because I became too frightened to even leave my house, I was waking up with intense fear that something awful would happen and developed so many of the physical symptons that I seem to be in constant pain, the anxiety is with me all day every day and although in the past I have managed to get through it, I am really struggling this time and this is causing problems in the family as I hate to be left alone and my husband works nights. I am trying to stay positive but find it very hard sometimes but know I must once again try to get through this for the sake of my husband and my children. I find living with anxiety is like living in an empty box as you seem to lose contact with the outside world and you just fell so lonely and isolated.
sorry for the long post
maria :)

belle
14-04-08, 14:28
Hi and welcome :)

x

panic37
14-04-08, 14:44
:sofa: HI and welcome i now how you feel:bighug:
love debbi:doh:

kellie
14-04-08, 14:46
hiya mariad :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice while you are here and make some great friends along the way. i understand how lonely and isolated anx/panic can make you feel but you are never alone here. i dont think ive spoken to you in the chat room, why dont you come in and talk to us all. you are most welcome to talk about what ever you want or just have a giggle. i find talking to everyone a great help.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

SueBee
14-04-08, 15:06
Well done for posting and :welcome:

MissMoo
14-04-08, 15:26
hey maria,
welcome to the site :) i'm new too and i've found it really reassuring to know that you're not alone in feeling the way you do... far from it! we only have one life hun so lets not waste it worrying. i'm sorry to hear you're feeling pretty low but it will get better, i promise.
take care

-MissMoo

Lilith1980
14-04-08, 17:48
Hi Mariad

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

marie1974
14-04-08, 17:51
hello and welcome, you will get loads support on here and make loads of friends hugs donna xxx

huni_buni_flower
14-04-08, 17:59
its all in the mind, you do have the power to change. the anxiety you can control though it is hard to believe at times, stay positive and well done for plunking up the courage xxx

mariad
14-04-08, 19:09
I would just like to say a BIG THANKYOU for all your kind replies and your warm welcome.
maria xxx

fairyloveheart
14-04-08, 19:32
Hello and welcome
The site has been a great comfort to me and I am sure it will be to you too. Everyone is so friendly
xxx

chalky
14-04-08, 20:27
Hi Maria,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here,
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
15-04-08, 16:23
Hi Maria

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some like-minded people and get loads of support and advice.

trac67
16-04-08, 18:04
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Joe1981
17-04-08, 06:05
Welcome to the site! :D

Lindalou64
17-04-08, 12:09
Hello Mariad And Welcome.i Wish Ya Well.....linda

Nibbles
17-04-08, 17:53
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)