PDA

View Full Version : Valarian?

KittyLittle
14-04-08, 18:29
Has anyone tried valarian? Does it help?

I tried it the other day and it made me feel at bit out of it, and I a was squirming abit first but I hate taking tablets and get anxious that I will choke so it could be the anxiety.

however what I did find after a while was that it seemed to be very good for relaxing my chest and throat which was good as I am very tense in this area due to fear of choking and the swallowing thing that many people seem to get with anxiety. So it may be good for people that have this swallowing/lump in throat symptom.

Any thoughts?

littlen
14-04-08, 19:03
not sure about valarian, but quite life is very good for tence neck, nervousness, and it helps you sleep, i take it all the time i satrted taking it for mygrains and it really helps you can get them from boots. but they do calm you down but you dont really feel it doing it.

KittyLittle
14-04-08, 19:11
thanks for the reply. I might try Quiet Life then, the thing is I don't want to feel out of it or sleepy (I feel out of control enough already!)

Dying_Swan
14-04-08, 20:17
Hello :)

I've never used Valerian for anxiety but have tried Valerian tea to help me sleep. It is reasonably potent and did make me feel quite sleepy.

I've read on here about a herbal remedy called Valerina, presumably containing Valerian too. It might be that the amount differs and so maybe it wouldn't make you so sleepy.

xxx :flowers:

KittyLittle
14-04-08, 20:54
It was Valarina that I actually tried. it was the daytime one (not sure what the difference is between the daytime one and the nightime one, does anyone know).

As I say it was useful but did make me a bit squirmy at first and then abit out of it. it says to take two tabs but maybe I will try again just taking one.

I have been taking no meds so far so I am not tolerant to anything, I very rarely take tablets and have always found that even common medicines have a very pronounced effect on me

Wenjoy
24-04-08, 15:45
i TRIED VALERIAN AND IT MADE ME FEEL QUEASY AND SICKY SO USE KALMS INSTEAD WHICH I THINK HAS OTHER THINGS IN IT.
wENJOY X

Lila
24-04-08, 17:22
I have used Valerian to help me sleep. I find it good. You can get it in a tea called Sleepytime tea made by celestial seasons, but I am sure other companies make a Valerian tea also.

I think the difference between the day Valarina and night is dosage.

Glad to hear it helped you relax your throat and chest!