PDA

View Full Version : Hi all - from a new member

mizfiesta
14-04-08, 22:02
Hi everyone, I'm just new to this forum and would like to tell you a wee bit about myself and why I joined. I'm a 38 year old woman from the Edinburgh area. I've suffered from panic attacks with agoraphobia since I was around 20 years old. I'm a lot better than I was in the early days and I've learned certain techniques that has allowed me to lead a relatively 'normal' life. On the down side, I still have difficulty travelling away from home - say anywhere from 20 miles outwith my local area. Especially on motorways. So as you can imagine I've never really had much of an experience of the world. I'm working on this at present but it can be sooo hard. The mind is such a powerful thing when it works against you - negative thoughts can be an awful thing. Anyway, I've joined the forum to get some support from people in similar situations. More from me soon. :yesyes:

marie1974
14-04-08, 22:04
hi and welcome, you will get loads of support here and meet new friends, hugs xxx donna

mizfiesta
14-04-08, 22:14
Thanks Donna, much appreciated
xx

panic37
14-04-08, 22:24
:hugs: hello and welcome have i look at the chat room to its great
hugs love debbi:bighug1:

Nibbles
14-04-08, 22:36
Hi Mizfiesta and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

belle
14-04-08, 22:37
Hi and welcome :)

x

Lilith1980
14-04-08, 22:49
Hi Miz

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

mizfiesta
15-04-08, 08:58
Thanks all, great welcome

x

SANDYJANE
15-04-08, 09:13
hi and big warm welcome.

love sandyjanexxx

PUGLETMUM
15-04-08, 10:30
:D hi mizfiesta,:welcome: to nmp, we have something in common as i too have suffered for a long time and rarely go far away - ive only been out of the country once! and then i had to come home a day early:blush: and i was only ther mon-fri!:winks: anyway there is always hope - never ever give up, as youve done extremely well to cope the way you have, and you have recognised that its the thoughts that cause all of this:wacko: just got to keep plugging away at finding more coping tecniques to push your boundaries further and further? me too!, take care, emma:flowers:

Lindalou64
15-04-08, 13:23
Hello Miz As Emma Says We Have Something In Common Got Over The Worse Of Agraphobia But Still Cant Travel On Highways Alone As Of Yet........i Wish Ya Well And We Will Get There........linda

nomorepanic
15-04-08, 16:13
Hi Miz

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some like-minded people and get loads of support and advice.

chalky
15-04-08, 19:35
Hi Miz,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Pickle
15-04-08, 20:12
Hi Mizfiesta a very warm :welcome: to NMP. Like you I suffer from agorophobia and dont like to travel far from home.

You will make loads of new friends who have a wealth of advice and experience and who are always willing to listen when you have worries

Hope to see you around

trac67
16-04-08, 17:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx