PDA

View Full Version : Pain

Raindrop
27-03-05, 16:47
I have twinging, stabbing pains all over my stomach, but the constant place is on the lower-right side and I'm convinced it's appendicitis. It's a bit silly in comparison to worries about heart/breathing but I fear being sick, so it's the very worst kind of fear for me. Two GPs suspected I had IBS last year, but I really don't have the usual troublesome symptoms and no tests were done. I've had the pain (which doesn't stop me sleeping or anything) on and off for a week. Would I have had other symptoms by now if it were appendicitis? Can you have stomach pain from anxiety? I'm really frightened and I just want to enjoy my holidays after doing my exams.

vernon
27-03-05, 16:56
hi, If you are realy worried call NHS Direct they are very helpfull. Last year I had same type of pains, they lasted for over year then after lots of tests it was IBS, Al different people have different symtoms with IBS and its mostly triggered bt stress and wory which you are suffering now. hope u feel better soon. worry will only make it worst. Vernon

Rebecca
27-03-05, 17:12
I worry about that sometimes also when I have pains in my side....You really should rule out an appendasidus ( however you spell that )....Im sure anxiety can cause stomach pains, since it causes soooo many more symptoms. Try not to worry to much, however if the pains continue and worsten, get it checked out....Not just to be safe, but it will also make you feel better. :)

Rebecca

seh1980
27-03-05, 17:26
hi there,

If you had appendicitis, you would be in lots of pain. You probably wouldn't be able to sleep or do much at all. You could have IBS even though you don't have the whole list of symptoms. Don't worry about it as I'm sure it's nothing serious..

Sarah :D

tt
28-03-05, 02:44
My daughter has been through this. If your appendix were going to go, you would have a fever and the pain would worsten. Also if the pain comes and goes - not likely either. If you have been checked for a bladder infection or stones would be a possibility and neither is bad.

I used to worry about those myself and most of the time it turned out to be a bladder infection. My daughters went away and they did not find anything.
Good luck
TT:)

TT:)

Hemaluta
28-03-05, 18:03
Hiya, i also worry about this alot, i get in such a panic about it, but now i just know its trapped wind, if you rub your tummy then you can feel the pain move, if you had appendicitus i dont think you be able to do that and you'd feel very unwell,
Angie x

Angie

Raindrop
30-03-05, 12:28
Hi, thank you all so much.
I've still got the pains - they've been going on for over a week and a half now, and they're on and off, and in different places, so I don't think it can be appendicitis. I don't have a fever or anything either. Mum's suggested a food diary to look at what foods irritate my stomach. I hate this panic so much, I've had so many panic attacks because of this, and at every twinge, I'm analysing myself and checking to see if I'm okay.

lisarose
30-03-05, 12:41
Hi Raindrop, Sorry you are still suffering with the pains, I also have them and have had them on and off for the last 5 years. Mine can vary, sometimes they are stabbing, sometimes just a dull ache. I have had a pain for the last few months on my right side just below my ribcage and have been convinced it is something to do with my Liver and keep thinking I ought to go to the GP and get it checked out but am scared what they might find. I had lots of tests a few years ago and had scans for gall stones and had my liver, pancreas and kidneys scanned which were all o.K but I worry that it is becuase I have been drinking alot lately and worry I may have liver failure or something like that. They are not constant pains, they seem to come and go and the doctor did suggest a few years ago that it was IBS so I am probably worrying about nothing but I can't seem to get the thoughts out of my head. Have you seen your GP lately? Why don't you ask for some tests to put your mind at rest. I know I should do this too as I know I won't be happy until I know for sure. I will let you know how I get on.
Hope you feel better soon
Take care
Love Lisaxxx

Tracy68
30-03-05, 13:58
Hi Raindrop
I could be wrong here but I thought the pain associated with appendicitis started on the left side. I know once when my daughter had pains in her tummy i thought it could be that and when doctor checked he pressed around her belly button area and said the pain can be there as well.
OOOOO Lisa i suffer with that pain under ribcage as well, feels like a bad stitch at times horrible ain't it.
Take care
Tracy
x