PDA

View Full Version : A bit of an introduction

MissyMichelley
14-04-08, 23:40
Hi guys,

I'm not really into this sort of 'talking about things' way of dealing with my anxiety but I thought I'd give it a go.

It all started when I was in a relationship with an abusive partner years ago, ( which of course I got myself out of) where I learnt, because I believe my anxiety is a learnt reaction, to fear the recriminations of anything I did wrong. As a conseqeunce I suffer with social anxiety and the general fear of not making the right decision. I worry over every decision, no matter how small, constantly looking for the right answer and panicing when I don't see one.

It flares when I get tired or stressed and at the moment I'm both. Of course the more I tired and stressed I am, the more I panic, which makes me more tired..... and the cycle continues. I can't even decide if I want a drink when my colleague goes for drinks rounds at the office! I'm avoiding any situation where I have to make a decision and when I'm forced to I am having to stop myself having a full blown anxiety attack.

I'm sick of this, even after all these years so I'm trying something new and posting here. It'll be nice to meet you all. :)

poppet
15-04-08, 00:16
Hi and welcome :welcome: .

I am trying to end an abusive relationship of 5 yrs at the moment , although i love him so very much.

It has caused me a lot of problems so if you ever need to talk i'm here......this is the first time i have tried to talk about things and everyone is so lovely and supportive.

Take care!

Poppet. xx

kellie
15-04-08, 08:17
hiya missy :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice and make some lovely friends along the way. i dont think not talking about anxiety or how you feel is very helpful, you will benifit so much more from talking about things and i think everyone here will agree with me on that. have you ever had counselling for the abuse you have been through? if not i think this would be helpful to you and maybe cbt as well. dont forget to visit the chat room and talk to us all.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lilith1980
15-04-08, 09:19
Hi Missy

Welcome to NMP hun :)

Jo xxxxx

SANDYJANE
15-04-08, 09:30
hi and big warm welcome .

love sandyjanexxx

PUGLETMUM
15-04-08, 10:19
:yesyes: hi missymichelley and :welcome: to nmp

Lindalou64
15-04-08, 13:27
Hello Missymichelley And Welcome ...i Wish Ya Well..........linda

nomorepanic
15-04-08, 16:11
Hi Missy

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help and you meet some like-minded people and get loads of support and advice.

chalky
15-04-08, 19:30
Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

trac67
16-04-08, 18:00
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
16-04-08, 18:03
Hi MissMichelley and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

Joe1981
17-04-08, 06:06
Welcome to the site! :D