PDA

View Full Version : Any meds safe to take during pregnancy?

AnxiousAllTheTime
15-04-08, 00:06
I'm currently ttc baby number one. I'm calling my Psychiatrist tomorrow at the request of my phycologist. She (my psychologist) thinks I need to get some medicine for "just in case" before I leave for vacation. So I'm going to call my psychiatrist tomorrow and see what he'll prescribe. What are some good meds that won't make me to drowsy during the day but still make me feel better?

I have OCD and Panic Disorder :smile:

I've been on Klonopin, Luvox, Risperdol,Zoloft,Anafranil,and Lamictal. (Note I did not take all these meds at once) The three meds that worked the best for me were Luvox,Lamictal, and Klonopin.

I would like to try to stay away from them if possible due to horrible withdraw symptoms! So if you can think of any othe rmeds that worked well for you left me know :smile: It would also be a bonus if the med was safe in pregnancy :smile:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Wilburis
16-04-08, 15:37
Hi

I know ZOloft is safe during pregnancy, I was on it myself when pregnant.

Also, the tricyclics are the preffered ADs as they have been out for many years and Docs have the most literature about them. If I can be of any further help please pm me.

Take care - Lizzie xx

AnxiousAllTheTime
18-04-08, 20:35
Thanks Lizzie :)

tnt808
18-04-08, 22:26
Hi,

The problem w/ determining whether meds are safe during pregnancy or not is that not many women are willing to become the *guinea pig*. I tend to lean towards a lot more meds are safe than the FDA willing to admit.

I would talk in depth w/your doctor about your needs and weigh the risks vs. the advantages. Certainly being mentally sound, and healthy in general is a great stress reliever and can ultimately help during pregnancy. Just my two cents though.

Good luck,