PDA

View Full Version : A bit about me...

turtlemoon
27-03-05, 17:17
Hi Everyone

I'm a newbie, so bare with me. Not really sure what people wanna hear, so I'll just give it my all. Here goes...

Been suffering from anxiety for about 2 months on and off now and thought I was getting over the worst of it. Just can't believe how some people can cope with this thing for years on end. I'm struggling after 2 months!! Hope by coming here that there will be some people able to help me out with some of the feelings I'm having. My family are being a huge support, especially my mum who I LOVE to bits, but feel I need some extra support outside the family unit. And there's only so much I can go on at my mum about without sending her down the same path I'm treading now!

So anyway, hi to you all and hope to help and be helped even in some small way...
L x :)

vernon
27-03-05, 17:24
Hi Turtle, You will get lots of help and support here, Vernon

FAN
27-03-05, 17:25
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find being here really helps and im sure we can get you through this

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

seh1980
27-03-05, 17:34
hello Turtlemoon,

Welcome to the site!! :)

You are definitely in the right place to get help and support. Everyone here is very friendly and I'm sure that everyone will do what they can do help. There is also a chatroom where people get together in the evenings to chat and have a laugh. Hope to see you there sometime!!

Sarah :D

clickaway
27-03-05, 18:06
Welcome aboard, turtlemoon,

There are loads of people on this site who suffer just like you and you'll get a wealth of support and reassurance.

I think its right that you should seek support away from your family as it will make life less stressful for them.

Anxiety gives us physical symptoms in all sorts of ways, and you may find that that it will strike in some new place at some point. Be prepared for that, and it can be quite frightening when that happens.

By the way, we have a chatroom http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380
Gets busy from 8.30 till late!

Take Care

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

EMMA
27-03-05, 18:20
Hi,

This is a fantastic site and has helped me no end. Everybody really friendly and helpful. Got me through my worst times. Hope you feel better soon too.

Take care

Emma xx

bubbles
27-03-05, 18:33
Welcome to the site.

Sorry you are suffering with anxiety but you have come to the right place--lots of friendly people who understand how you feel & will help & advise you.
It will get easier with time & you'll learn how to cope with the 'blips' if they happen.

Linda.x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

nomorepanic
27-03-05, 18:41
Hiya - love the name by the way.

It is hard being a sufferer but there is light at the end of the tunnel believe me.

We will help all we can so ask any questions or air your grievances on here and someone will always be there to support and advise you.

Nicola

kairen
27-03-05, 18:42
hi Emma,

Welcome to the site, everyone is great always someone here to answer you or give you advice so go for it pour your heart out, the chat room is great also, take care xx

kairen x

kairen
27-03-05, 18:45
hi turtle moon,

welcome to the site , hope you find everything you need here, you'll get all the help and support u need anytime, good luck take care

kairen x

Karen
27-03-05, 22:34
Hi Turtlemoon

Welcome to the forum. Some of us have suffered from anxiety and panic for a number of years mainly because there was not so much help around when we first had these problems. This does not mean you will have to put up with it for such a long time as you are getting help early.

You'll get a lot of help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

della
27-03-05, 22:54
Welcome turtle

This is a good site for you to gain advice and support from...you have taken the first step in facing that you have a problem so you are half way there you will find lots of informative information here...also use the chat room they are very friendly and helpful.

della:)

henri
27-03-05, 23:05
hi there turtle moon,
welcome to the site. i'm like you - have only been suffering from anxiety/panic for just over three months but i swear i've felt like i've had it for years! have you worked out what triggered your panic?
i really hope this site helps you - it's definitely helpful talking to people who really know where you are coming from.
henri x

sal
27-03-05, 23:08
Hi Hon

Welcome to the site. So pleased that you are getting the support of you family but sometimes we all need to be in touch with people who have been there or are still there and know how you are feeling. It isnt easy but you will get through this.

There are lots of people on here who will help you as you can see by your replies. You are not alone so dont forget that.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

Meg
29-03-05, 21:07
Hi Turtle ,

When you're ready do give us a bit of background to how you are feeling and the anxiety panic journey that you've had so far.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

turtlemoon
29-03-05, 21:24
Hi guys

Thanks so much for all your messages, it's great to know that there's so many people out there who are able to sympathise with what I'm going through right now.

As for a little background info - I've been suffering now with GAD for just over two months (although like Henri says, it feels like years!) Some days are worst than others, but the thing that sparked it off - stress at work. It's a killer (literally, according to my doc) so I did the best and right thing for me. I left. I did get another job, but that soooo didn't work out, so I'm temporarily unemployed right now. This situation isn't helping my GAD any (worries about money, ever getting another job etc) but it's still preferable to how I was feeling say, three weeks ago. Right about then I had times when I felt like I couldn't even leave the house and that was hard for me as I've always been quite sociable, especially with my close friends. It's hard to make them understand sometimes why one night you feel fine and want to go out, but the next time they ask, you can't even face putting your shoes on to leave the house. Needless to say, I'm no where near as bad as I was a month ago, but it's not gone away totally. I'm on meds to help me sleep, but I still don't sleep great anyway. Everyone around me is being a great support, but I just felt like I needed to try another path and one where people knew how I was feeling - and that's what brought me here...

Tigga
29-03-05, 22:56
Hey turtle - what a fantastic name! Sounds like you've been through some tough times, but you've already taken some big steps to help move things forward, and there will be people here behind you all the way, who really do understand how you feel...

Tig
x

Meg
30-03-05, 09:59
Turtle

Your GP is right Occupational Stress can be a killer. Well done for getting out of the situation.

The inbetween time is really difficult as the financial worries grow but do something to help your anxiety each day and you will see good progress.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

bighenry
30-03-05, 12:57
Hey Turtle.

I had the same thing with work stress being a big trigger -- I made the mistake of sticking it out for 8 months while the anxiety got worse, though, so I really think you've done the right thing.

Hope the forum helps! I've only been on it for a couple of weeks, but I've found it's really good to talk things over with people who understand what you're going through.

Take care,

Henry

delta
30-03-05, 15:49
Hi turtle
My anxiety was originally bought on by stress at work many years ago, also I gave up smoking, strangely I never suffered when I was a smoker........ anyway just wanted to say welcome to the site and you will find loads of support here, it's a great site.
Take care
Donna
x

sal
30-03-05, 22:13
Hi Turtle

Sorry things have got too much for you and you had to give up your job and along with that comes all the other worries, but in time you will start to feel stronger and be able to take some form of employment. I know how hard it is, but although you are suffering at the moment you will gain strength from this how we all have.

We will all be here to help you through it and you lean on us whenever you need that support.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.